• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor Appreciation Post

Congrats!

Whether you're beginning a journey down the suppressor rabbit hole or you've been stuck down here for a while, rest assured help exists. Not for the inevitable addiction but certainly for information 😂

Shout out to @Moondog1 who now has three imprisoned cans with my name on them. And Construct More Pylons Construct More Pylons who absolutely earned my future business answering every question that usually hit his inbox after midnight. Both gentlemen have excellent prices, a wealth of knowledge and willingness to help.

Go quietly into the night with the help of these two traders and that new e-form 4! (Sorry to put you both on blast publicly haha!)

Hopefully the eform wait times are reasonable, I haven't heard of any approvals yet. My last form 4 took 390 days from time of purchase until receiving the stamp. This was last month.

How long was the wait? I was at GA firing line about a week ago and they said none of theirs had been approved yet. I've got a friend that's been waiting about 5 weeks so far.
If I remember correctly they were submitted on 1/18 but don’t hold me to it. My earliest is 1/20 submission, so I’ve got my fingers crossed.

If you are holding out for e-forms to fix everything I wouldn't put too much hope there in the short term.

Last weekend Gun Talk Radio had the CEO of Silencer Central on, and he said that the ATF is prioritizing cleaning out all the paper forms in the queue before starting on any of the e-forms. He was told that would probably take 5-6 months, so even if they only take 30 days to approve any existing e-forms won't even be started until then.

He also mentioned that they are flooded with e-forms, so even though they expect the average wait time to be under 90 days once everything settles, the huge number of people who filed e-forms right out of the gate will be sure to slow that down as well.

The ironic part is that the ATF noticed a lot of people withdrawing their paper forms to submit e-forms for the same thing. Since the in-queue paper would have been processed first they actually slowed themselves down by a good chunk of time.

Good info.

If you are holding out for e-forms to fix everything I wouldn't put too much hope there in the short term.

Last weekend Gun Talk Radio had the CEO of Silencer Central on, and he said that the ATF is prioritizing cleaning out all the paper forms in the queue before starting on any of the e-forms. He was told that would probably take 5-6 months, so even if they only take 30 days to approve any existing e-forms won't even be started until then.

He also mentioned that they are flooded with e-forms, so even though they expect the average wait time to be under 90 days once everything settles, the huge number of people who filed e-forms right out of the gate will be sure to slow that down as well.

The ironic part is that the ATF noticed a lot of people withdrawing their paper forms to submit e-forms for the same thing. Since the in-queue paper would have been processed first they actually slowed themselves down by a good chunk of time.

Sad info though.

I was hoping the e-forms thing would break the logjam. I just got my 10/22 Takedown suppressor in this week, after buying it Feb, 2021. That's the slowest can I've had so far.

Sad info though.

I was hoping the e-forms thing would break the logjam. I just got my 10/22 Takedown suppressor in this week, after buying it Feb, 2021. That's the slowest can I've had so far.
Yep. That's about when I bought mine that just got approved. Haven't had one take that long since 2013.

Back
Top Bottom