• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor Cleaning How To...

I'd be careful with the legacy aac stuff, but the dip and stainless pins don't harm ss baffles. I'd pay someone to recore before I started to clean my rimfire can with a brush and scotchbrite pad.
I have an AAC can......I think an Element II or something....titanium this and that and multiple little baffle segments with screw-on ends.....it was "Cerakoted." First time I wiped it off the "Cerakote" came right off. Like it was coated with bootblack or something. ALL of it came off. I finally bought some hi-temp LCW flat black and painted it correctly like it should have been painted in the first place. Never had a problem since...

I have an AAC can......I think an Element II or something....titanium this and that and multiple little baffle segments with screw-on ends.....it was "Cerakoted." First time I wiped it off the "Cerakote" came right off. Like it was coated with bootblack or something. ALL of it came off. I finally bought some hi-temp LCW flat black and painted it correctly like it should have been painted in the first place. Never had a problem since...
You would be one of many. At least that is an easy fix. Annoying, but easy.

I hate dealing with the dip at this point. 3 hrs in a tumbler with stainless pins and 95% of the crud is gone off my element 1. You can coat the baffles with various things to make them easier to clean in the future. Just make sure the can is allowed to be shot wet. Ablative material in something not rated for it is gonna be a bad time.

I'd be careful with the legacy aac stuff, but the dip and stainless pins don't harm ss baffles. I'd pay someone to recore before I started to clean my rimfire can with a brush and scotchbrite pad.
If it's ti or ss, u can scrub on it with a plastic brush or scotchbrite until ur 100 years old and never hurt it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom