• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor for 5.56

331coupe

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
44   0
Reaction score
Wanting to buy my first suppressor. Will mainly be on a 11.5 DI in 5.56. Obviously I want it hearing safe, would like to have one under 8 inches with low block back and as light as I can get it. I'm cool with paying a 1k plus(the price is the least of my deciding factors). Was looking at the SilencerCo omega 36 as a more versatile one but really would rather have the best for a 5.56 and if it happens to fit multiple cals thats cool, and if not, I can always buy a 30 cal one and just have 2. Let me hear your recommendations.

Hearing safe on an 11.5 won't happen without subsonic ammo. If your gun is a 300 blackout you are in luck. If it's 5.56 and you find subsonic ammo you'll have the equivalent a 22 LR. A suppressor is a compromise of features between size/weight, mounting system, cost, design features, etc. Not sure there is a hearing safe suppressor for a full power AR15 in 5.56.

I’d say figure out your priorities first to narrow the search. I’d always recommend first cans being 30 cal rifle cans just for versatility. Think about weight , sound , materials used to make it and what you’re using it to do. Are you switching it from different platforms or is it staying on the same rifle.

I would look at Dead Air , Rugged , Thunderbeast Arms , Silencer Co & YHM to get started.

Hearing safe on a pistol platform rifle may be hard. A larger volume 30 cal can might get you close.

So I have a noveske 10.5 inch uppered SBR that without suppressor is loud as heck. So I got a SilencerCo specwar 556k and now it sounds like a 16 inch AR without a suppressor. :wacko:
What's worse is now I get blow back and dirty brass. The only benefit is it completely hides the rifles flash so I got that going for me. If I had it to do over I'd get a 300 BO SBR and a 30 cal can. But I have a silenced MP5 so no need.

Back
Top Bottom