• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor Info Needed

ColtAR15

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
137   0
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a Suppressor for a 5.56. I need info on best place to get it in this area, and best way to go about it. Also info on best suppressor to get for an AR. Also what caliber should I get for a 5.56 AR? Never owned or purchased one. Also info on Trusts if thats best way to go.

I did a trust for mine just purchased my 1st one in November it was pretty easy. I purchased it from silencer shop but you can also shop local. CG&P in canton has some in stock

You are going to get about 50 different answers on which suppressor is the best. Weight, noise reduction, use (hunt or target), and price all come into play. My only advise is to get a 30 cal can as you shoot 308 and such and also 223 with different mounts. My 30 cal cans are used on 308 (bolt and AR10), 7.62x39 AR, and 223 ARs. Just do your research and get what you want and don't compromise. Since these are basically lifetime purchases, costs should be the last thing you worry about. Also, look into mounting systems and how available they are and costs also. I went with HeavyD trust on mine; but I have had them for several years.

You are going to get about 50 different answers on which suppressor is the best. Weight, noise reduction, use (hunt or target), and price all come into play. My only advise is to get a 30 cal can as you shoot 308 and such and also 223 with different mounts. My 30 cal cans are used on 308 (bolt and AR10), 7.62x39 AR, and 223 ARs. Just do your research and get what you want and don't compromise. Since these are basically lifetime purchases, costs should be the last thing you worry about. Also, look into mounting systems and how available they are and costs also. I went with HeavyD trust on mine; but I have had them for several years.
Thanks the 30 caliber seems like a good idea. I have several ARs but pretty much 5.56 at present. Would like to have something that I could interchange on different guns. I have one MK18 Daniel Defense that would be my first choice to Suppress.

I did a trust for mine just purchased my 1st one in November it was pretty easy. I purchased it from silencer shop but you can also shop local. CG&P in canton has some in stock
Do you have to go back and forth to a gun shop when you order from Silencer Shop or just to pick it up? Did you do the trust online also? Thanks

You can do a @heavyd trust on-line and then print it out and have it notarized. Normally when you order a suppressor, its one trip to place the order and get all the paperwork completed and then another trip to pick it up sometime in the future. Wait is about like that of a first child being born if you have kids. If you can make the drive, I would highly recommend Quiet Riot Firearms in McDonough. They have everything in one place and are very knowledgeable. Here is a link to answer most of your questions.
http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/category_s/1820.htm

I purchased one at quiet riot in November did tax stamp easy and quick! Great bunch deal with! Go with 30 cal and you can use up to 300 mag!

Bought a SilencerCo Omega from Quiet Riot. It is small, lightweight, and quiet. I use it on .223 bolt gun, AR15, 300 blackout and 6.5 Creedmoor, with great results. Once you have your trust, call QRF and do the purchase on line and the phone. It is very easy and then you only have to make one trip to pick it up.

Like Allsmiles Allsmiles said. Everyone has their opinion of what they like. It depends on what you are looking for in a can. Do you want the quietest, lightest, least POI shift, etc. There is no such thing as a do all can that does everything right and nothing wrong. You need to spend money in this field if you want the best results. I have an Omega and has been great and reliable. Also a factor for me was versatility as to how can I use the can on different systems. Omega comes with a QD mount and DT mount so that won the battle for me. Take your time and be prepared to wait.

Back
Top Bottom