• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor options for 308, 556, 9mm, 22

nate31405

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
19   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know there are ton of threads on this topic but I can't find something that specifically answers the questions i have. I have a SCAR 17 Id like to suppress, as well as a few 5.56 ars. I also have few 9mm pistols id like to suppress.

I am just starting out and would like to only purchase 2 suppressors starting out (yes there will be more later of course).

Ive been looking the following:
AAC 762-SDN-6 for the SCAR and 556 AR 15s

Liberty Cosmic 9mm
Gemtech GM-45
Gemtech GM-9 (neat because if i added a 300 BO gun i could use it)

All the suppressors listed are on silencershop.com

Thanks for the input and Merry Christmas!

Im a silencerco fan do i went with the saker 7.62 for rifle up to 300 rem mag, and then chose the Hybrid for all my pistol calibers. Bonus is that the Hybrid can shoot rifle calibers aswell and can use the same mounts as the saker for rifles. If you dont want the weight of the saker the omega30 uses the same mounts aswell.

I started stamp collection with a similar spread of calibers.

My first can was the SilencerCo Octane 9. I’ve been quite please with it. Use it on my Remington 597 AAC-SD, CZ Scorpion and 300 blackout AR. It mostly sits on the CZ Scorpion these days as a nightstand gun.

Next up was the SilencerCo Omega 300. Use that on my AR’s... my Remington 700 and my 300 blackout AR once I get it.

There are quite a few new brands on the market that I haven’t researched... but I was far more interested in Silco than AAC... just not what they were before getting bought out.

I started stamp collection with a similar spread of calibers.

My first can was the SilencerCo Octane 9. I’ve been quite please with it. Use it on my Remington 597 AAC-SD, CZ Scorpion and 300 blackout AR. It mostly sits on the CZ Scorpion these days as a nightstand gun.

Next up was the SilencerCo Omega 300. Use that on my AR’s... my Remington 700 and my 300 blackout AR once I get it.

There are quite a few new brands on the market that I haven’t researched... but I was far more interested in Silco than AAC... just not what they were before getting bought out.
i didn't know they had been bought out. Good info. Ill look into SilencerCo. thanks

For your situation you have quite a few options. The Silencerco Hybrid would cover both pistols and rifles well for you, as would the Griffin Optimus. The Optimus would even be good for 22.

If you want to go dedicated, which I recommend, a few good options have been mentioned. For rifles I like the Silencerco Omega and Dead Air Sandman series. We are still running our sale on Rugged Razor's as well.
For pistols, the Rugged Obsidian 45 and Obsidian 9 and Griffin Revolution 45 (still on sale from us!) are both good deals right now for pistols.

The SDN6 is a good can, but it is a little old and there are better options out there.
For pistol, I would skip the Gemtechs, there are much better options in the marketplace right now.

Ive used my Optimus on .308, 9mm and .22 and its great. Stupid quiet on 22. Used it on a .308 CETME and I could shoot it with our ear pro for a few shots but then standard plugs were fine. And thats on a semi auto

Back
Top Bottom