• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor Recomendations

kb34

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Ok peeps, after shooting my 300BO suppressed this weekend, then swapping to shoot with the muzzle brake, I now know I need to suppress it, it is too damn loud...

So what I am looking for is recommendations on what 30 Cal can to get and why. I would also shoot 308 out of it, and have a 5.56 I would like to use it for also.

Also, while on the topic, I will be getting a 9mm can as well after the 30 cal can, don't have a 45 with a threaded barrel, but that could change so with that said, how is 9mm suppressed out of a 45 can? And what do you guys recommend and why?

Shoot me a pm the next time you are off and I'll see if we can get together and let you try a couple of 30 cans. I've also got a TiRant45 so you can try out 9mm and 45acp if you want. 22 cans will almost always sound like a pellet gun with the right ammo. I will say they sound different outside than they do indoors with ear pro on.

I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 and it sounds great with 9 and 45.
I have a 30 cal Rugged surge and it sounds good on my AR's in 556 and 7.62 x 39.
I have an ARC22 for a dedicated 22 can and I love it.

I would recommend the Griffin Optimus 9 to cover all your needs listed. 45 can I would go Obsidian from Rugged. If you're looking to buy multiple cans like me, I'd go SilencerCo Omega for .30 Obsidian 45 and a dedicated .22 can to cover needs. I would recommend the SilencerCo Hybrid but the weight on a pistol would be a lil hefty. AAC Ti-Rant 45 is a great can also. Especially if you get the M model which is newer than the old Ti-Rant series. I would recommend that you decide if you want direct thread or QD model to make ease of using multiple hosts.

I would highly suggest a direct thread. If it’s a quick connect - it’s easy to not tighten al the way and then the suppressor goes flying down range.. also the muzzle breaks get quite expensive, having one for each rifle that you wish to use a suppressor on.

Back
Top Bottom