• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor

Do your homework, research which cans you like best, watch/read reviews. Then when you are ready to buy, find the best deal either online and have it shipped on a form 3 to your local class 3 dealer, or go to your local class 3 dealer and buy it. Either way, you will submit a form 4 with pics and fingerprints to the atf, wait many months for their approval, then wait a few days for the approved form 4 to be mailed to your dealer, only then are finally allowed to take it home.

The process isn’t really difficult, the dealer will handle everything for you.

Submit paper work, $200.00 stamp fee, pay for the can, wait to see when the check gets cashed, and then the process begins to work through the red tape, and up to 15 months later if approved you will receive a call from your local gun store, informing you your prize is ready to be picked up.

Biggest thing is to do all the above and forget it patience is a very important part of this process, patience, patience, patience... However the wait is well worth it...

Research first, then find an organized suppressor shoot and try out the units you are interested in.

Do not buy one without trying it out first, you are guaranteed to be disappointed if you do.

Wait is a year or more, so make sure of what you want.

Research first, then find an organized compressor shoot and try out the units you are interested in.

Do not buy one without trying it out first, you are guaranteed to be disappointed if you do.

Wait is a year or more, so make sure of what you want.
Can't stress this enough. Thinking about buying another one before I've even gotten mine back. I went for a cheaper one than I wanted, and it is sufficient for my purpose but as long as I'm waiting I should've spent more.

Can't stress this enough. Thinking about buying another one before I've even gotten mine back. I went for a cheaper one than I wanted, and it is sufficient for my purpose but as long as I'm waiting I should've spent more.

Same here. And I bought on advice of many here.

Just got my sandman L, it's nice but I would go with the nomad now that it's out. Also, the YHM resonator (and turbo) looks to be an awesome can for the money, with a nice mounting system.

I would recommend looking at silencershop if it's your first time as they'll take care of the paperwork if you purchase the stamp service through them or go through any dealer that have the silencershop kiosk. When I first purchased my dead air sandman k, I went through a local lgs and it ended in almost a nightmare (dumbasses didn't want to release my property to me even though they were aware the stamp was lost and would not acknowledge that a certified copy is as good as a stamp version)

So through silencer shop was only $205 for form 4 and finger printing with no transfer fee. When I went the paper route though the lgs; transfer fee of $35, $200 stamp, plus $40 for finger print at my local police precinct, so ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom