• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SureFire Socom mini

150   0
Reaction score
Well let me start off by saying I appreciate you guys taking the time here to help me learn. This is my first can and after a ton if research, which as I've learned is always subjected to opinion, I went with the SocomM762-MINI2 from SureFire. It fits my SBR 5.56 which I'll mostly shoot but can also fit any SBR .308? And like most fanboys I want a SCAR17 one day. As far as DB goes it's kinda the same as it's longer counterpart. Maybe I was looking at them wrong but at the gun shop it was about $1159 for the mini and $879 for the longer one, and I was told with the longer socom that it isn't made for SBRs? Maybe I'm wrong but still, what does everyone think on this? Sorry in advance I'm new to the Can and SBR game.

Thanks

The Mini is a bombproof can. Surefire has one of the best mount setups in the business with good repeatability, and blowback on the Mini is not bad. The downside is they are a little louder, but with SBRs, you'll be wearing ear protection anyway.

But what dealer did you buy your can from? The pricing seems off unless the longer can was an older one. And the longer one will also work with an SBR, unless they just meant the Mini had better handling b/c of the smaller size.

The Mini is a bombproof can. Surefire has one of the best mount setups in the business with good repeatability, and blowback on the Mini is not bad. The downside is they are a little louder, but with SBRs, you'll be wearing ear protection anyway.

But what dealer did you buy your can from? The pricing seems off unless the longer can was an older one. And the longer one will also work with an SBR, unless they just meant the Mini had better handling b/c of the smaller size.

Thanks for your input!
That's what I thought but like I said I didn't know for sure. I was at trading place in Monroe. I don't know how it works but I haven't filled anything out yet I go back Tuesday for that, I just paid for the can itself. I am hoping I can maybe switch to another can if they are okay with that. I was looking for as much as possible on the quiet side, to shoot 5.56 but .308 in the future of I ever, and probably will, acquire a SCAR 17 because I need it for reasons . And since my rife is already previously a SBR but it was pinned with a muzzle to make it legal again before I bought it, be able to work with a SBR. If the sbr is really going to make it THAT much louder then I'll just go buy a longer barrel and live with the fact that it'll be a little bit bigger. At the end of the day I want to shoot 5.56 (.308 is a plus but not ultimately needed) as quiet as possible. And like I said be used on a SBR but again if not possible I'll make the barrel longer. It's just the more people I talk to and the more videos I watch the opinions and examples of surefire and most silencers period are varied. I watched some YouTube videos of 5.56 ammo (on the mini 7.62 can I bought )and the mini and it was super quiet but then again I see the next video and it's the same ammo and same can and it sounds like it'll blow both your eardrums. Keep in mind price isn't too much of an issue here, I plan on using and keeping this thing forever.

Thanks for your input!
That's what I thought but like I said I didn't know for sure. I was at trading place in Monroe. I don't know how it works but I haven't filled anything out yet I go back Tuesday for that, I just paid for the can itself. I am hoping I can maybe switch to another can if they are okay with that. I was looking for as much as possible on the quiet side, to shoot 5.56 but .308 in the future of I ever, and probably will, acquire a SCAR 17 because I need it for reasons . And since my rife is already previously a SBR but it was pinned with a muzzle to make it legal again before I bought it, be able to work with a SBR. If the sbr is really going to make it THAT much louder then I'll just go buy a longer barrel and live with the fact that it'll be a little bit bigger. At the end of the day I want to shoot 5.56 (.308 is a plus but not ultimately needed) as quiet as possible. And like I said be used on a SBR but again if not possible I'll make the barrel longer. It's just the more people I talk to and the more videos I watch the opinions and examples of surefire and most silencers period are varied. I watched some YouTube videos of 5.56 ammo (on the mini 7.62 can I bought )and the mini and it was super quiet but then again I see the next video and it's the same ammo and same can and it sounds like it'll blow both your eardrums. Keep in mind price isn't too much of an issue here, I plan on using and keeping this thing forever.

You're never going to know the true sound with the videos. You can just get an idea of sound when they are shooting several different cans together, or try to find videos measuring decibels. And you're never going to get 5.56 that quiet, no matter the configuration. 300 BLK is a much better caliber for suppressing.

Since you've only paid for the can, it'll be easy to switch to something else. Do you know the brands they carry? Look to see if the have a Griffin Armament Recce 7, DeadAir Sandman S, Rugged Surge or Razor, or a Silencero Omega. Those will all work on 308, 300, and 5.56.

Back
Top Bottom