• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Surf fish rod and reel, what do yall use

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
I just picked up a 13 foot surf rod from Cabelas and now I'm wondering what would be the best value for the money on a reel. I may even pick up another rod or two before my trip in a couple of weeks.

Take it back, use the money for bait, borrow DD's.
They have little use except on the surf and getting that cobweb on those 16' high ceilings, lol.
..... and we don't get to the surf very often.....
I was half way thinking about using them for catfish rods local. Some of the deep holes I fishing on the river my current set up can't quite reach. A 13 foot rod might be just what I need.

I was half way thinking about using them for catfish rods local. Some of the deep holes I fishing on the river my current set up can't quite reach. A 13 foot rod might be just what I need.
You would be surprised how far I can send bait with 10ft rod. If you are doing surf fishing I would also recommend pyramid weights, they will dig in rather than roll with the current.

You would be surprised how far I can send bait with 10ft rod. If you are doing surf fishing I would also recommend pyramid weights, they will dig in rather than roll with the current.
I have been looking at making me up some rigs before I go down, I will definitely go with pyramid weight's this go around.

Back
Top Bottom