• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Surfboard help

Jerry

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
97   0
Reaction score
I don't know why I bought it, just thought it was a cool find, I thought about turning it into a bar top or bench for our pool area. Was wondering if anyone has knowledge of boards and could give me a value before I start drilling holes in it. It says Hokuloa surfboards the top and Honolulu Hawaii on the bottom. 10' board
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160430_bb87ac802582b495b6a63f2017a8066f.jpg

obviously not a whole lot of surfers on the ODT!, I'd google it' might be a valuable find. I wouldn't drill or cut it anyway if it were mine, but to each his own!

dunno much about them but i'd call a vintage shop or something as it looks in pretty good shape and alot of vintage boards can be serious $

had a 12ft. wakiki as a kid. nice find. is it rotten, soft spots or waterlogged? no telling its history. daughter just gave me permission to sell hers on odt. navy girl BTW. glw project.

It's a Gaylord. Gaylord Vermillion was a local shaper in Hawaii on Hokuloa. It's a relatively unknown board, never attracted huge attention and was only around in the 70's and maybe the early 80's. As I recall they only made one model and it should be 9'6", not 10'. Cool old board, but you aren't going to flip it and retire.

It's a Gaylord. Gaylord Vermillion was a local shaper in Hawaii on Hokuloa. It's a relatively unknown board, never attracted huge attention and was only around in the 70's and maybe the early 80's. As I recall they only made one model and it should be 9'6", not 10'. Cool old board, but you aren't going to flip it and retire.
Thanks it maybe 9'6 I haven't measured it I was just going by the label @ the Habitat Store

Back
Top Bottom