• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Surround sound

Glock 21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   2
Reaction score
Im looking at the Klipsch reference series speakers for a system consisting of 2 floor speaker, center speaker, 2 10in subs and 2 rear surround speakers. Anyone familiar with these speakers? Also looking for a receiver power these if anyone has some suggestions. This will be my first actual system that wasnt a all in one system in a box

I Love Klipsch! That is what I have. 2 10" subs will run you out of the room and probably warrant a call from the neighbors.
They are powerful.
I am running mine off Pioneer Elite Receiver but I think there are better out there. I really like Denon.
I also have the Klipsch Sound bar with a 6" sub and it is fantastic.

I Love Klipsch! That is what I have. 2 10" subs will run you out of the room and probably warrant a call from the neighbors.
They are powerful.
I am running mine off Pioneer Elite Receiver but I think there are better out there. I really like Denon.
I also have the Klipsch Sound bar with a 6" sub and it is fantastic.

Yea i figure if i really crank it up ill get some hate from the neighbors and the wife :lol:
Ive actually been leaning toward the Pioneer Elite. It seems to have all the features i need with a decent price point. Is there something you dont like about it?

Yea i figure if i really crank it up ill get some hate from the neighbors and the wife :lol:
Ive actually been leaning toward the Pioneer Elite. It seems to have all the features i need with a decent price point. Is there something you dont like about it?
It is really easy to set up and has generous power. I got it because of the Ipad app that controls the sound. I run everything through the Pioneer and it works and sounds great. I do wish it was a little stronger on the surround and center channel. But for the money, it can't be beat.

Any particular model i should check out? I'm definitely more concerned with movies/game sound vs music
I have a 7.1 HTR-5063 but by todays standards I am sure it is ancient, just make sure you get enough wattage per speaker and a solid center. A lot of newer style receivers have a mic you place in location you will be sitting and it sends out sound pulses , auto adjusts for the size room and harmonics.