• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

survival scenario to have some fun and learn along the way *A BET IS ON WITH A FRIEND*

wmojena

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Ok so the scenario is this, you are going to be drooped in the wood alone to survive for 6 months you will be given the choice of one firearm and as much ammo as you like, the question is which gun and how much ammo? not so much as far as brand but what type of firearm and caliber?

A friend and me were arguing about this last night and we bet a box of bullets, the 2 guns we picked are a .22 rifle and AK 47 the more people that will agree with one of those is the winer but new suggestions are welcome too

AK 7.62x39 if all the ammo I wanted was stationary. If I have to lug the gun and ammo around, I'd go with an AR-15 in .223/5.56

Just wilderness survival? .22 rifle, hands down. Small game is what will feed you and there is little waste. Robins are as tasty as a Dove. Or so I have heard.

Ok so the scenario is this, you are going to be drooped in the wood alone to survive for 6 months you will be given the choice of one firearm and as much ammo as you like, the question is which gun and how much ammo? not so much as far as brand but what type of firearm and caliber?

A friend and me were arguing about this last night and we bet a box of bullets, the 2 guns we picked are a .22 rifle and AK 47 the more people that will agree with one of those is the winer but new suggestions are welcome too
both would work well

.22 is the only answer....As you stated, you are alone...... so you are only going to hunt small game. Anything that you couldn't take down with a .22 would go to waste (now way to p reserve the meat).....If you had an AK only, you couldn't take any small game and leave any meat unless you make a perfect shot. No contest in my opinion.

Just wilderness survival? .22 rifle, hands down. Small game is what will feed you and there is little waste. Robins are as tasty as a Dove. Or so I have heard.

.22 is the only answer....As you stated, you are alone...... so you are only going to hunt small game. Anything that you couldn't take down with a .22 would go to waste (now way to p reserve the meat).....If you had an AK only, you couldn't take any small game and leave any meat unless you make a perfect shot. No contest in my opinion.

couldnt agree more

Back
Top Bottom