• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Tin for business travel via plane.

reklawd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
2   0
Reaction score
So I've gotten my BoB and EDC bags squared away. But as I sit on a plane right now heading to business meetings I'm wondering what I could have in my carry-on that is TSA approved. I'm thinking about creating a survival tin ... something small and discreet with just the bare essentials.

If SHTF while I'm in BOS, NYC and especially if I'm in SFO, SEA, etc I know I'm pretty much screwed. But I still want some type of supplies for trying to get home as I'll always try to get back to my family.

Any thoughts?

I came across one of those small Gerber Bear Grylls pocket survival kits for $5 and picked it up. I then took all the crap out of it and built my own. I took some of the small ziploc bags and made a few individual kits. I made one with a few large bandaids, 2x2 gauze pads, alcohol pads (which can also serve as fire starters), a few butterfly closures, and two small tubes of quick clot powder. Another small bag has fire tinder, waterproof matches, a ferro rod and striker, and a small flat whistle. The third has a small pocket knife, water purification tabs, safety pins, a small fishing kit, and some snare wire. To finish it off, I slid a space blanket in it as well. It's full, but it is roughly a 4x4 inch zippered pouch that I can drop in my pocket and go. The only thing you would have to remove for TSA might be the matches, knife and fire tinder. I'll try to post a pic later.

Back
Top Bottom