• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SUV opinions wanted

Full size chevys can't be beat in my opinion. Mazda is popular primarily for one reason: they will finance ANYONE.

I love our suburban and would by another one in a heart beat. My wife has some chronic pain issues and we are looking for something that is still big enough but will handle a little more like a car.

We had a 2004 GMC Yukon with all the bells and whistles. I bought it in 2008 for $14K from the original owner with 86K miles. When it was stolen, it had 214,000 miles and was still going strong. Gas mileage was 20's all day long.

Honda Pilot, drives like a car, has more room inside than a Tahoe, at least for cargo that is. Only problem is they have no get up and go, we have the 4wd touring edition, stepping on the gas reminds me of a moped.

I've been driving a LOT of vehicles lately. I've yet to find ANY suv that handles even remotely, on it's best day, like a car. Some crossovers certainly come close, but zero SUVs. The best handling and wearing of that group IMO are the Acuras. Unfortunately for a used car buyer, they retain their value REALLY well. And for good reason from what I see.

Honda Pilot, drives like a car, has more room inside than a Tahoe, at least for cargo that is. Only problem is they have no get up and go, we have the 4wd touring edition, stepping on the gas reminds me of a moped.

We need the third row seating though

I've been driving a LOT of vehicles lately. I've yet to find ANY suv that handles even remotely, on it's best day, like a car. Some crossovers certainly come close, but zero SUVs. The best handling and wearing of that group IMO are the Acuras. Unfortunately for a used car buyer, they retain their value REALLY well. And for good reason from what I see.

I guess I should have said handles less like an aircraft carrier.

Back
Top Bottom