• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SUV opinions wanted

Expensive maintenance $200 to update Nav, $800 for a bent wheel that was not due to an accident
Cramped interior, adults struggle in back seat
Small cargo area
Uncomfortable seats
Resale sucks
Interior is noisy at highway speeds
Our 03 Explorer had 300k when we sold it and still see it bebopping around town.
I'll take an Explorer or Tahoe over a Jap turd any day

To be fair, most of those things you could've/should've known about the car before you signed on the dotted line. I've only owned one Nissan, a new Maxima back in 2003, and it had some small issues, mostly annoyances. I havent and probably wouldnt buy another Nissan but, mechanically speaking, I havent seen too many lemons.

Expensive maintenance $200 to update Nav, $800 for a bent wheel that was not due to an accident
Cramped interior, adults struggle in back seat
Small cargo area
Uncomfortable seats
Resale sucks
Interior is noisy at highway speeds
Our 03 Explorer had 300k when we sold it and still see it bebopping around town.
I'll take an Explorer or Tahoe over a Jap turd any day
You got the wrong Nissan.

Nissan Armada for the win. About a year and a half ago I got a 2007 that looked almost new with just over 100,000 miles on it for $12,000 out the door from a Nalley Dealership. It's got almost 200,000 miles on it now without any serious problems. Very comfortable, roomy (I'm 6'4"), leather and power everything. The driver's seat is the second most comfortable chair I own and I put a lot of miles on a vehicle.

If you noticed, it was in the driveway when you picked up Elvis.

Sequoias are great vehicles, too, but not a great deal buying used because they hold their value way beyond what their real value is. The Sequoia that was sitting next to the Armada has over 400,000 miles on it. It also has a lot of things wrong with it that are not worth fixing. We are waiting for it to die before replacing it, but it's stubbornly holding on to life.

2013 ish Dodge Durango will get what you want.

First Dodge I have ever owned. Love it!

96 Suburban, 02 Tahoe Z71, 07 Toyota Sequoia, and now the Dodge.

140k on my 13, oil changes and tires. Front wheel bearings at 90k, Atl potholes take that damage, O2 sensor at 138k.

I will be getting another at around 200k.

Drive one, you will get it.

I had a 13 pilot. Big on space, and not too bad to drive. However that ECO mode clunk/vibration caused from cylinder deactivation (VCM) and then Honda extending the power train warranty for 8 years after purchase date (class action lawsuit) after getting flak from owners from telling them the vibration is "normal car behavior" made me wonder what I had really gotten into. I started noticing the vibration at 20K and decided the family needed to get a truck instead.

And after owning a Nissan altima, I'll never own another Nissan again either.

We currently have a 04 expedition
4wd with every available option
Heated and cooled leather seats etc
Bought 5 years ago with 130k on the clock for $6500
Now has 230k on it with only spark plugs ( not a small job on the fords )and coil packs

We had a 96 4Runner for years , needed something larger and looked for a sequoia but they were just too expensive

If you're near Gainesville
Lara's Trucks has a huge huge inventory of SUVs
And would be a great place to sit in em and test drive and see what you like , dunno about buying from there , I don't buy from dealers , they are all priced too high

I get my vehicles usually from an auction
Got the expy on eBay in hickory NC

My brother got his latest car in Mobile AL
And his wife got her used Tahoe in SC

We got the wifes beetle in Birmingham

You HAVE to get out of Atlanta if you want a deal on a car
New or used it doesn't matter
Just about Every car is $4000 less if you get two or three hours away from Atlanta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working in the automotive industry for the past 37 years my 2cents is stay the hell away from anything made in Europe. Endles money pits. GM makes a good product and you can't go wrong with Toyota or Nissan. Both Toyota and Nissan are my hands down favorite manufacturers. Stay away from Jeep to.

Back
Top Bottom