• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SW pusher Anyone know an armorer who has or themselves have ? The

JDS556762

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
159   0
Reaction score
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007109659/mgw-front-and-rear-sight-tool-s-and-w-m-and-p

? Would love to use the real deal to push some HDs on my new FDE 2.0 5" I usually never safe queen a gun unless it's old school, and I'm not gonna safe keep this in the truest sense, but would like to save the nice ass factory FDE cerakote as much as possible.
Typically in M&Ps I've drifted off front and rear sights using an aluminum punch (big size) and smacking the actual sight with a brass hammer. Some tricker then others and sometimes a pita to get OCD centered. We've never had a true S&W M&P pusher for a vice in the store since I've been there. Anyone got suggestions or a loaner?

IMG_6065.PNG
This or similar?

Oh, just noticed it is for front sight as well. I just used padded jaws on my vice for the front sight. Came right off and new one on with no problem.
See I got the mepro light one and another aftermarket one at the shop and can definitely push the rear sight on no problem it's a nice set up, wondering if I flip the slide around catch 2/3 of the front sight and use the same pusher and method to slide off the front? Think I just solved my own problem. Damn! If I fail I'll be glad to use one of you guys' I'll try tomorrow

I used the same pusher as in Post #5 to install Trijicons on a Glock. Worked like a charm.
I'm gonna try and push them on at my gunstore with the mepro light vise pusher but I'm still gonna buy one of these because for the price it's totally worth it. I can swap around my rimfire sights and try different combinations. With sights costing over 100 a pop now days it'll behoove me to have one around the house so I don't gotta sneak into work on my off time To do it. That'll just suck you behind the counter like a black hole. Next thing I know I'm running a NICS and checking two 4473s :doh:
I'll buy the one you guys referenced for the house.

Got her done today guys. Using a vice and the Mepro Light? (I think) big sight pusher at our shop. Had to do some fanagaling due to the bevels in the slide and had to kind of "float" it higher off its level base. A lot of re fitting, testing placement, moving slide forward/up etc all while trying to wrap with a silicone cloth and make sure I don't have the slide canted and sheer the front. The rear was much easier and pushed on like HDs do on Glocks. Hit it with the calipers and she's DEAD on. Zero scuffs, loctite the Allen and an "oomph" beyond hand snug. Hit the range. This is real close if not exactly 17 yards standing not trying too too hard. Nice weapon, nice sights. TLR - 1 HL in anodized Flat dark BROWN shipped, as well as a sweet full size OWB from our boys at Gear Craft! Thanks for the input and the motivation to go for it. Couldn't be more pleased.
I'm sure Mods will move this somewhere. Deep space or gun chat review request pasture??? Regardless. Great success

Attachments

• IMG_6077.JPG
    IMG_6077.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6086.JPG
    IMG_6086.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6087.JPG
    IMG_6087.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6097.JPG
    IMG_6097.JPG