• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sweet deal on .22LR, all in $0.054/round @ Dick's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh whatever guys. Stop it with the Dicks boycott.

I have spent endless afternoons dumping hundreds of rounds of 22 with friends and family since I was a kid. Literally, one of my favorite ways to spend a day.

Am I betraying the 2nd by purchasing reasonably priced ammo from a store that clearly uses it as a loss leader to get people in the door? Like OP, I went in, bought my ammo and left. I didnt buy a Dicks T-shirt, fill out a job application or tell everyone in the store that they were brave for pulling the scary guns when press got crazy. I love supporting local businesses, but when 22 is $75 for a brick ANYWHERE near me (if in stock at all), I'm gonna get that bucket.

I would also buy that bucket from LITERALLY anyplace that sells it within an hour of me. I would gladly pay extra to support local! I would buy that bucket for a $75 all day from anywhere. I would buy 1400 22s for $100 from Kanye West, the worst person on the planet, if I didnt have to drive too far to get them. If you ask me (nobody did), not having 22 to shoot when I have my nephews in the woods for the day is the real tragedy. I don;t think they would feel much better if I tell them there is a bad person working at Dicks corporate, who is really feeling the sting from us not buying his 22 buckets and shooting all you want.

"No", I will tell them, "its not the friendly kids you go to school, who work part time at Dicks, that made the decision, you dont have to hold it against them!" Instead, we can throw rocks and at soda bottles and recite charlton heston's NRA keynote from 1999.

And, if you want to see how fast I forget, you can find me there tomorrow on my lunch break, getting another bucket

Got 3 buckets last time they had them in stock. Ok shooting, but expect a little difference in velocity from time to time. BTW, these will not stay sub sonic in a 5 inch pistol. Good plinking ammo.

Oh whatever guys. Stop it with the Dicks boycott.

I have spent endless afternoons dumping hundreds of rounds of 22 with friends and family since I was a kid. Literally, one of my favorite ways to spend a day.

Am I betraying the 2nd by purchasing reasonably priced ammo from a store that clearly uses it as a loss leader to get people in the door? Like OP, I went in, bought my ammo and left. I didnt buy a Dicks T-shirt, fill out a job application or tell everyone in the store that they were brave for pulling the scary guns when press got crazy. I love supporting local businesses, but when 22 is $75 for a brick ANYWHERE near me (if in stock at all), I'm gonna get that bucket.

I would also buy that bucket from LITERALLY anyplace that sells it within an hour of me. I would gladly pay extra to support local! I would buy that bucket for a $75 all day from anywhere. I would buy 1400 22s for $100 from Kanye West, the worst person on the planet, if I didnt have to drive too far to get them. If you ask me (nobody did), not having 22 to shoot when I have my nephews in the woods for the day is the real tragedy. I don;t think they would feel much better if I tell them there is a bad person working at Dicks corporate, who is really feeling the sting from us not buying his 22 buckets and shooting all you want.

"No", I will tell them, "its not the friendly kids you go to school, who work part time at Dicks, that made the decision, you dont have to hold it against them!" Instead, we can throw rocks and at soda bottles and recite charlton heston's NRA keynote from 1999.

And, if you want to see how fast I forget, you can find me there tomorrow on my lunch break, getting another bucket

Im all about a boycott to prove a point . I fully believe indoing what we can to stop obecity BUT hell if im hungry and Mcd's is close I have no problem driving in for a double 1/4 w/cheez and a large fry. Stubborness is selfinflicted and really hurts no one else but those who practice it .

Reactions: Geo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom