• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sweet potato Pie and hush my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so the perp. was going to kill or maim you while robing you, but you got the drop, and now they have all of a sudden the perp. had a change of heart and the Lord Jesus has turned their life around and if you don't put a bullet in their brain pan they promise to get a job and stop being a parasite on society. Then about a week later they get the jump on a mother of three below the age of 10 and rape and kill her in front of the kids, leaving her husband to raise the kids. But my conscience would be clear because I let the thug go with the cops and go through our worthless judicial system.

Sometimes you have to take out the trash whether it stinks or not.

So you're completely OK with the idea of vigilantism? That's what you're talking about. What if you see someone on the street that is obviously the criminal type? Would you take them out to make sure they don't hurt someone in the future? What about a reckless driver? They could kill someone! OMG, shoot them now before it's to late!

I know I just took this to a ridiculous extreme, but that's the point. It's not up to you. You're not judge, jury or executioner. How many people do you know that you would trust to be one? Or is this just a special privileged you think you should have personally? This thread is a perfect example. A lot of you are happy with the idea that the BG was killed, but the kid didn't even have a gun.

So you're completely OK with the idea of vigilantism? That's what you're talking about. What if you see someone on the street that is obviously the criminal type? Would you take them out to make sure they don't hurt someone in the future? What about a reckless driver? They could kill someone! OMG, shoot them now before it's to late!

I know I just took this to a ridiculous extreme, but that's the point. It's not up to you. You're not judge, jury or executioner. How many people do you know that you would trust to be one? Or is this just a special privileged you think you should have personally? This thread is a perfect example. A lot of you are happy with the idea that the BG was killed, but the kid didn't even have a gun.

I don't claim to have the insight to pick out obvious criminals as they walk down the street, but if I come home and find them in my house there is no doubt that they are criminals. DRT

If two guys are together with the intent on doing harm I don't think that I will be patting down or inquiring whether they are armed or not. We really don't know just how incapacitated the wounded assailant was now do we? But after a couple of more rounds we can feel safer about him being a threat anymore. You act as if the perp. was in the drugstore to pick up his Grand-mama's medication.

Don't start what you can't finish.

The kid just wrote a check that he couldn't cover.

It's all about timing he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Everybody has the same privilege of defending themselves, I just choose to exercise mine.

Why would you go to the extreme of shooting people at random walking down the street? I said nothing about defending you against thugs, but if they threaten me or my family they better be asking the Lord for forgiveness and not me.

I don't claim to have the insight to pick out obvious criminals as they walk down the street, but if I come home and find them in my house there is no doubt that they are criminals. DRT

If two guys are together with the intent on doing harm I don't think that I will be patting down or inquiring whether they are armed or not. We really don't know just how incapacitated the wounded assailant was now do we? But after a couple of more rounds we can feel safer about him being a threat anymore. You act as if the perp. was in the drugstore to pick up his Grand-mama's medication.

Don't start what you can't finish.

The kid just wrote a check that he couldn't cover.

It's all about timing he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Everybody has the same privilege of defending themselves, I just choose to exercise mine.

Why would you go to the extreme of shooting people at random walking down the street? I said nothing about defending you against thugs, but if they threaten me or my family they better be asking the Lord for forgiveness and not me.

In your last post one of the reasons you gave to kill them was to prevent them from hurting someone in the future. So that's not one of your arguments anymore?

Everyone has the right to defend themselves and I choose to exercise mine also. But defense means stopping the threat, not retribution. You have said repeatedly that you would kill someone for trying to do you harm even if the threat was over. Something about having their hands up making them an easier target. That's not defense, that's murder.

I'm in late on this, but imo he should have put several in him in the first barrage. You can't go back and finish the job, especially on camera. He probably realizes that now. However, if I catch someone in my home...

Sadly, IMHO it looks like a case of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome reaction ... (or temporary insanity) over the near-dealth experience that he had just experienced.

Kind of like the poor marine that got court marshalled for finishing off
a terrorist guy that just got wounded in an ambush on his patrol ... a patrol that
also just happend to have a reporter with a camera ...
The marine thought that the guy moved to get a weapon (that was later found not to be there)

However, we always have to be (politically) correct ... The criminal always has to be a victim ...
and guns are evil objects that always cause crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom