• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swing set parts question

kruuth

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
16   1
Reaction score
My boy is getting old enough for a swing set. I'd love to get him a long slide. My plan is to span two trees, and put a slide on one side and a zip line on the other, with the slide obviously higher. Is it safe to just mount straight to the trees? I have some large like 5-7ft diameter trees I was planning on using. Is that safe? Any suggestions on where to snag a nice long straight slide? I checked a few places online and it seems crazy high. Is there some place that sells used ones?

Have one of the wooden Swing/Slide sets that was purchased new from a lumber store for our children when they were toddlers.
Our grandchildren are still playing on it.
We have replaced the swings, chains and the canvas cover, but the frame and fort made from pressure treated lumber have lasted 3 decades.

Check that "book of faces" marketplace for a good used set or even just the frame. The swings slide and accessories are available at the "big orange" or "big blue" big box stores. :)

Have one of the wooden Swing/Slide sets that was purchased new from a lumber store for our children when they were toddlers.
Our grandchildren are still playing on it.
We have replaced the swings, chains and the canvas cover, but the frame and fort made from pressure treated lumber have lasted 3 decades.

Check that "book of faces" marketplace for a good used set or even just the frame. The swings slide and accessories are available at the "big orange" or "big blue" big box stores. :)
I think that I have the swings covered--what I really want is a really, really big slide. I was hoping that I could find something used, like a surplus site but so far nothing has really come up.

I think you should build something like this :boink: :bolt:

1653738676613.png

Back
Top Bottom