• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Synthetic Blend Motor oil....

Nice topic and great info

Now I have a related question

How many miles is a Mobil 1/ KN/synthetic oil filter good for? Ive read some people change the oil filter "every other change"

Oil and Filters are much cheaper than engines. What are you going to gain saving a few bucks on filters?

I run rotella in my new holland and change filter and oil by the hour meter. However I use Mobil 1 in my car And truck, 5000 change filter (wix) then change oil at 10000. Normally replace my vehicles around 300000 miles. Knock on wood never had a problem. By the way that put me a one oil change a month (I used to drive a lot). Did this for over thirty years.

I've thought about running T6 in my 4-wheeler. I've seen a lot of people on ATV forums talking about using it and they say it works great.
Rotella T6 is great. If I did not have my current stash, I would be using it, but it is hard to turn down free or cheap oil.

Nice topic and great info

Now I have a related question

How many miles is a Mobil 1/ KN/synthetic oil filter good for? Ive read some people change the oil filter "every other change"
Filter is cheap. If you run synthetic oil for 7.5-10K miles, change the filter every time. If you are old school and do 3K oil change intervals, then you can leave it on for 2 intervals. Just be sure to mark it, so you do not leave on for too long.
If filter stays on for too long, you are risking disintegrated media, and pieces of it will plug up oil passages in the engine or oil pick up tube in the oil pan and will starve your engine of lubricant. If filter gets too loaded with crud, oil bypass will send unfiltered oil back thru the engine. Not good either.

Back
Top Bottom