• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Table Fun

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Some what of a funny story... I had a fun time designing a table for my daughter. She asked me if we could build a table for her apartment. She had no idea of dimensions and such. She had a picture on her phone. No big deal... So looking at the picture and changing the design 100 times. She finally tweaked it to her own. We went to HomeDepot and bought a few 2x4s, 2x6 and shelf wood. She learned very fast that there is more to building a table than just asking. I had her paint the wood and stain the top. I figured out real fast that she needed to learn about amounts of paint ... too much causes runs... lots of runs... lol... needless to say, she did not like sanding them down and repainting. Long story short... she went back to college and dad finished it... there is more...

table pnt.jpg
table top.jpg
table fin.jpg
table dec.jpg

So it turned out pretty cool for a bunch of 2 bys.... She was looking for that rustic look... My brother asked me how it went... I sent him pictures and a day later he sends me a listing from Craigslist AZ... unfinished exact picture... of this table...$120... $20 for the plans... LOL... Not too fancy of a design... lots of table have similar designs... just weird to see what we created was already being built... and sold... Needless to say I share this with my daughter. And you probably guessed it, she says "we" should make these and sell them.... I laughed... I responded with, what you mean is, daddy builds them and we sell them, but YOU keep all the money.... she confirmed... LOL.... Kids....

Back
Top Bottom