• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tacos !

Any cooking advice or recipes ?
Due to medical reasons (sodium), I use Mrs. Dash taco mix. Along with browned ground turkey. This week didn't have any taco bowls or tortillas, so had to settle for tortilla chips - with a slight lime flavor, brand is Late July (I haven't been able to find my no salt tortilla chips recently). Have it with Romaine lettuce, sweet onions, and sometimes Serrano peppers.

Due to medical reasons (sodium), I use Mrs. Dash taco mix. Along with browned ground turkey. This week didn't have any taco bowls or tortillas, so had to settle for tortilla chips - with a slight lime flavor, brand is Late July (I haven't been able to find my no salt tortilla chips recently). Have it with Romaine lettuce, sweet onions, and sometimes Serrano peppers.

Several years ago, an acquaintance told me he used a "Potassium Based Salt" / because his Doctor mentioned it ?
Perhaps this is "Mrs. Dash", I do not know.
~ ~ ~
So, what do you call this 'entree' ?
"Taco Dip Excelsior" ?
Sounds good for a trial run ...

Several years ago, an acquaintance told me he used a "Potassium Based Salt" / because his Doctor mentioned it ?
Perhaps this is "Mrs. Dash", I do not know.
No. Doctor told me not to use those fake salts. Both sodium and potassium can be bad for blood pressure, if too much. On the other hand, they are both also necessary - in small amounts - for your heart to operate.
Mrs. Dash is a line of seasonings, with no sodium, etc. Most of them are in shakers like other spices. But they also have the packets of taco (and chili, etc.) seasoning, like other brands have.

No. Doctor told me not to use those fake salts. Both sodium and potassium can be bad for blood pressure, if too much. On the other hand, they are both also necessary - in small amounts - for your heart to operate.
Mrs. Dash is a line of seasonings, with no sodium, etc. Most of them are in shakers like other spices. But they also have the packets of taco (and chili, etc.) seasoning, like other brands have.

Well, I learn something every day.
Now I have a question, "How does Mrs. Dash Taste ?"

Red eye Gray and Tacos.
Grits and Tacos.
Ham and eggs and Tacos.
Bacon and Tacos.
Raisin Bran and Tacos.

You are right. It makes no sense that a discussion of Tacos should morph into a discussion of Mexican food.

Back
Top Bottom