• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tactical Games

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
So long story short. I’ve been into fitness for over a decade now and lost my drive. I’ve been looking for something to get it back going again and found it. Looks like a lot of fun and looking for a partner to do it with me. They have a few different classes to compete in. Skirmish, tactical games, sniper. I am pretty open to doing any of them. So who wants to join me?

I will competing and/or working at least 4 of these next year it looks like. Most likely the ones in MS, SC and GA.
I was looking at competing at either South Carolina or Georgia. They’re the same distance from me either way about three hours. Open to find somebody to do the team events with. Think it would be a lot of fun to compete as a team

What’s the link to one in Georgia? I’ve been thinking about this (former semi pro 3 gunner) and have recently started lifting again. May have to be in whatever the “chubby bitch but working on it” division is.

So not to many details on the team division. The single competitors have several divisions. I believe 3.

I competed at the GTI event in 2020 and placed 3rd in intermediate (right behind John Tiegen (Benghazi embassy hero). I've been intending to get back into it.

I HIGHLY recommend working a weekend event to A) get an understanding of the abuse you will take and the level of strength and endurance readiness you need to complete the events for your division. and B) If it still stands, working a weekend event got you a free entry into an event in the next 12 months.

I understand that the events have changed significantly in the last 2 years, I think multiple divisions allow LPVO and RDS whereas TTG started oriented towards LEO type gear, restricted to irons or 1xRDS (rifle) irons only (pistol).

I will say the culture was incredible and the people were awesome. There are definitely a larger % of crossfitters who are getting into shooting and former/current MIL getting into sport shooting rather than off the street types that you see at local shooting matches.

I'd have to revisit the rules but there was a heavy emphasis (+10sec penalty) on missing a shot. So skinny dudes like me who finished towards the end of the pack on several events ended up beating the super fit dudes by a significant margin of points.

I'll be able to volunteer Meridian event in Feb '23 and compete in the barnwell event in sept '23, would love to meet up with some ODT'rs while I'm there!

I can already meet their mile times pretty easy and my plate carrier is 24lbs. Just need the stamina for the weight side. I can move a lot for a short amount of time. Will work on moving a lot less weight for a longer period of time. I’ll change my training for a couple months and should be good to go.

I wouldn’t mind working a event. Think it would be pretty fun to do.

That’s one of the reasons I want to do it. Is meeting people and the culture. Plus will be a fun challenge.

I was looking at competing at either South Carolina or Georgia. They’re the same distance from me either way about three hours. Open to find somebody to do the team events with. Think it would be a lot of fun to compete as a team
I’m in ATL metro area (Sandy Springs) and would be interested in training up for one of these events. If anyone in the area is looking to form a training group let me know. I’m a fairly steady runner but also do 3 lift days per week. I visit the range fairly regularly, but would love to combine fitness with 3-gun type events.

Back
Top Bottom