• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tactical gear thread?

There's nothing stopping anyone from starting a discussion thread (anything for sale does need to be in the classifieds) and seeing if it takes off (think Optics section). That's how many of the newer sections came about. And tactical gear gets posted and sold every day. I'm not sure there's enough traffic to have a separate section, but I'm sure Okuma Okuma would be open to adding an additional tag in the accessories section to make it easier to find. Only Okuma is able to create any new sections for tags.

Also, the more people that click the upvote button, the more chance anything will happen as it shows there is interest.
1674690540560.png

Okuma Okuma
Simply a discussion Room with sections for threads like "Plate Carriers", "Belts", "Helmets", "Armor", "Everything Else" would be great. And just a tactical gear category for WTS ads? I think alot of folks dont get the same visibility on their ads when selling GEAR than they would selling a firearm which has it's own category.

Alot of folks use ODT to simply sell/buy things, so my fear is that this thread won't gain a ton of traffic since it's a pretty small section (yet dedicated) that come here to actually discuss things. Us gear guys deserve as much of a thread posting space as anyone else :D

I think a Tactical Gear category or Subcategory in the Trading Post section (WTS Section) is the best scenario.

I’ll admit I’m the type of ODTer that doesn’t talk much at all on the forums and mostly just browsed the for sale section, as I’d imagine most ODTers do.

Without a dedicated Tactical Gear section in the Trading Post I guarantee you most gear gets lost in the shuffle and ultimately sold for much less than it’s worth because of lack of visibility.

In a very real sense, ODT is the modern day online gun show that never closes and is still worth going to. Without a dedicated category, tactical gear gets shuffled away to the junk area of the gun show where the beef jerky and jewelry vendors are, which is very unfortunate.

Perfect example: my Level IV USGI plates are already lost in the mix stuck between ski boots, Weber Grills and yeti coolers.

Unless someone specifically uses the search function to look for exactly USGI Level IV plates, my post will likely never be seen by ODTers that would likely have some interest.

Tactical Gear should not be in the same category as ski boots and Weber grills…. Change my Mind. 🤡

Please remember that anything for sale/trade needs to be listed in the classifieds, not here under "Site Suggestions".

It'll get lost either way since plate carriers, belts and pouches are peppered into the "accessories" area even though a plate carrier isn't a firearm accessory at all. I just hope I can find what I'm looking for next by the luck of the search box!

Does the hosting service for the forum charge per category? Is it a moderation / creation issue? I just don't understand what harm additional forum organization would cause...

It'll get lost either way since plate carriers, belts and pouches are peppered into the "accessories" area even though a plate carrier isn't a firearm accessory at all. I just hope I can find what I'm looking for next by the luck of the search box!

Does the hosting service for the forum charge per category? Is it a moderation / creation issue? I just don't understand what harm additional forum organization would cause...

Please see post #23.

The counter is at 40 and that is pretty significant for a category that doesn’t yet exist. If the category was created I guarantee you it would draw in hundreds more, and I as a single contributor have dozens of items I would toss on there.

Forty dudes is a pretty big showing for a startup on a very relevant topic.

Back
Top Bottom