• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tactical Response Fighting Rifle Course Review/After Action Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in training with different instructors, but cmshoot is really good, he is local, his prices are reasonable, and he is a true veteran. There are other true professionals around here as well. I'll stick with them.

And if you haven't watched this minute long tribute to Yeager, you need to see this.

I believe in training with different instructors, but cmshoot is really good, he is local, his prices are reasonable, and he is a true veteran. There are other true professionals around here as well. I'll stick with them.

And if you haven't watched this minute long tribute to Yeager, you need to see this.

No offense to cmshoot, but do you have any frame of reference outside of him to judge quality?

The only reason I ask is, most quality instructors will take time and train with other instructors. Students should do the same.

He likes Bulleit. He's not 100% wrong.

Reactions: MRH
No offense to cmshoot, but do you have any frame of reference outside of him to judge quality?

The only reason I ask is, most quality instructors will take time and train with other instructors. Students should do the same.

He has related many stories to the class about all the different things he has seen while taking classes from others. I know what you are saying, I believe, and just because one can execute doesn't mean they can teach. Cmshoot can teach.

Reference? Thanks to nonliberal I found this video from a while back.

I agree with cmshoot cmshoot , I tell my students that my classes are just another tool for their toolbox. Yeager is a Joke.

$2000 for a week of training including lodging ammo and food isn't that bad when you think of it in the grand perspective. I have had 2 day carbine courses that required 2000+ rounds of ammo before.

to what end?

I try to think outside the box and evaluate my own principles, tactics, and techniques as much as possible, but I'm a product of my background. I'm always going to attack a problem based on my personal experience and training, which usually results in similar answers. I like to be exposed to folks that do things differently than I.

I may pick up something I like better than what I'm doing, or, if I'm not going to use it myself, but it's a valid tactic/technique, I have something else to share with my students. Whenever I share something I got from another Instructor, I make sure to credit the Instructor responsible.

If nothing else, I got trigger time on drills that aren't my own, or that I'm not necessarily comfortable with.

Honestly, if I attend a 2-day class nowadays, I'm hoping to pick up 1, maybe 2, things I haven't seen before. For instance, 2 of the trigger control drills I regularly use on my beginning or problem Pistol students I picked up from Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers......1 from each. Those 2 drills I picked up 1 each from separate 2-day pistol courses. They are drills that don't benefit me directly, but they do indirectly because I use them to help my students.

Never stop learnin'.

Recent I've been attending a lot more Defensive Measures-type training, e.g., knife offense/defense and hand-to-hand. I've been able to incorporate many of the techniques I've learned into my own firearms training that I conduct, specifically in areas like Down & Disabled and ECQS (Extreme Close Quarters Shooting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom