• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tactical Shotguns which way is the best way to go Please Help

Mikhail Kalashnikov

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
After reviewing my current arsenal I believe that a Tactical 12 Gauge will be a nice addition. There is a member on here check this out ive done a little research only to find out that it may or may not be made by Western Auto but its most likely not in anyway a Mossberg and may only hold 2+1. If so ill just buy a Mossberg JIC i was just trying to get out as cheap as possible but not sacrificing reliability.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/255045-FS-revelation-(-mossbreg-500-)-12-gauge

225 Seems like a very fair price but not if its not reliable or hard to repair, I will just spend the extra 100$ for a Real Mossberg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks in advance

I felt the same way and just bought a mossberg 930 spx. I say go with the mossberg for an extra $100 so if it ever comes down to it you don't have to worry if it will be reliable or not.

To be flat out honest I would check out Forsyth County Pawn or Cherokee Gun and Pawn or the gun shop on 53 just off 400 toward Dawsonville (they just changed name and I can not recall it tho I was there yesterday). Would not surprise me to find a used Remington 870 express there for $200 or a Mossberg for a bit less. I didn't check the prices on those yesterday as I already have one and the wife don't care to purchase another. Those shops are all apparently owned by the same people. They had tons of firearms and ammo in the Dawsonville shop.

To be flat out honest I would check out Forsyth County Pawn or Cherokee Gun and Pawn or the gun shop on 53 just off 400 toward Dawsonville (they just changed name and I can not recall it tho I was there yesterday). Would not surprise me to find a used Remington 870 express there for $200 or a Mossberg for a bit less. I didn't check the prices on those yesterday as I already have one and the wife don't care to purchase another. Those shops are all apparently owned by the same people. They had tons of firearms and ammo in the Dawsonville shop.

Thats a bit far from me but I do have a lot of pawn shops around I will check with first thanks for the advice everyone

If I were you, I'd look for a used 870 or 1100/1187. I use my 1100 as my HD. Got a barrel from a guy here on the ODT for a great price and chopped it to 19in. Mounted an insanely bright light on it with pressure switch. I can dove hunt with the other barrel, and guard the hacienda with the other...lol

400 Jewelery and Loan right?

I felt the same way and just bought a mossberg 930 spx. I say go with the mossberg for an extra $100 so if it ever comes down to it you don't have to worry if it will be reliable or not.

If I could do it all over again I'd go with the 930 SPX too. That thing is sweet!

If I were you, I'd look for a used 870 or 1100/1187. I use my 1100 as my HD. Got a barrel from a guy here on the ODT for a great price and chopped it to 19in. Mounted an insanely bright light on it with pressure switch. I can dove hunt with the other barrel, and guard the hacienda with the other...lol

Thanks sounds like a plan

Back
Top Bottom