• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taladega Marksmanship Park has rack grades.

Here you go, inventory as of yesterday….”SA RG” is springfield armory rack grade”.

They won’t tell you over the phone. The website only tells you what’s available for mail order.

View attachment 4310582
Thanks for the info. I was not aware they had others in stock for pick up. Tempted to drive over there for an FG IHC

Alleycat - Thanks for posting I took a nice ride to Talledega and got a Rack Grade Springfield in decent shape. Metal is decent, Throat is 5 and Muzzle is 2 But I have shot some with worn throats with decent accuracy I think its more on the muzzle.

I thought it odd that for some reason the US never did counter-boring muzzles for sustaining rifles like the Russians did. Probably a matter of doing the right thing (re barreling) and our financial prowess to keep enough rifles in the front lines.

Alleycat - Thanks for posting I took a nice ride to Talledega and got a Rack Grade Springfield in decent shape. Metal is decent, Throat is 5 and Muzzle is 2 But I have shot some with worn throats with decent accuracy I think its more on the muzzle.

I thought it odd that for some reason the US never did counter-boring muzzles for sustaining rifles like the Russians did. Probably a matter of doing the right thing (re barreling) and our financial prowess to keep enough rifles in the front lines.

Congrats on a great score! I wouldn’t worry so much about the throat reading as long as she shoots ok. Dang now I want to go shooting….

i’ve heard some older armorers talk about how it was easier to swap a barrel at the field stations than counter-bore a worn muzzle. I have seen a couple of old 30-40 krag rifles that came from cmp counter-bored

Ugh ! I want to go so bad but wont be able to afford anything for a while. Hopefully they have some a few months from now ….or next year. I know, its a dream. LOLz….
My buddy is laid up from spine surgery this week. He wants to go real bad. What is required to buy from Talladega alleycat alleycat ?
Is there any special memberships? I thought i saw some threads where yall were talking about such ?

Back
Top Bottom