• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taladega Marksmanship Park has rack grades.

Went to the Talladega marksmanship park today. They had a full rack of rack grade M1's for $650 each. However there is a one rifle per day per person limit.
Picked up a LEAD marked Winchester service grade. Took advantage of the free range coupon. Got to stretch her out to 600 yards. Had an absolute blast. If you have never been, you should plan a trip. Such an amazing facility.
How long you recon these will last?

Maybe with the one rifle limit they can continue to have them. I was prepared to buy four yesterday. But maybe Im part of the problem. There was a tiger striped field grade Springfield with matching handguards that I seriously debated getting instead. I would have happily bought it just for the wood, but I came for a Winchester.

Went to the Talladega marksmanship park today. They had a full rack of rack grade M1's for $650 each. However there is a one rifle per day per person limit.
Picked up a LEAD marked Winchester service grade. Took advantage of the free range coupon. Got to stretch her out to 600 yards. Had an absolute blast. If you have never been, you should plan a trip. Such an amazing facility.
Good shootin!! Sounds like a fun place

I am not a lover of height these days but when I joined the military in 1957, I was anxious about everything. I enlisted for Airborne, not knowing if I had the guts to jump. Well I made it and for three years in the 101st even though I still had this fear, I was going to do it, even if I died.
I've seen guys freeze in fear and panic . There is nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone is different and probably all of us have some kind of phobia. Nothing to fear but fear itself as President Roosevelt so eloquently said.

I know nothing about M1's. What should I look for if I head over there?
Most of the rack grades are close in value. Decent shooters, not collectible. Find one that fits your fancy and buy it before they are gone. They sell here for $400 over cost.

Back
Top Bottom