• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me out of a Nightforce NX8 4-32X50 MOAR F1 - other options??

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
Going on a Christensen Arms 300 RUM and the rifle is used for hunting only. I have the NXS 5.5-22X56 MOAR SFP on my Rem 700 300 WHBY Mag but like the idea of going to FFP due to not having to adjust the magnification for range finding use or bullet drop. I can see up to 800 yds but my limit is 500 yds or so.
I need the extra magnification due to old eyes and trying to somewhat score a deer plus I really like to look. I can find demo models of the NX8 for around $1875. Any other scopes that I should look at that have the same features? Maybe save a little cash and get the same results? I need reliable reticle tracking, clear glass, illuminated MOA reticle, FFP and power up to at least 22X---let's set the max around the price of the NX8 - $1900.

Going on a Christensen Arms 300 RUM and the rifle is used for hunting only. I have the NXS 5.5-22X56 MOAR SFP on my Rem 700 300 WHBY Mag but like the idea of going to FFP due to not having to adjust the magnification for range finding use or bullet drop. I can see up to 800 yds but my limit is 500 yds or so.
I need the extra magnification due to old eyes and trying to somewhat score a deer plus I really like to look. I can find demo models of the NX8 for around $1875. Any other scopes that I should look at that have the same features? Maybe save a little cash and get the same results? I need reliable reticle tracking, clear glass, illuminated MOA reticle, FFP and power up to at least 22X---let's set the max around the price of the NX8 - $1900.
No suggestions for other scopes. You got the choice right on the first try.

Not a bad choice but get behind one before you buy. The eyebox on the nx8 is a little tight. In your price range a gen 2 razor, burris xtr 3 and Bushnell xrs can be found. If you are patient you can sometimes find a khales 624i right at 2k and that's gonna land you alpha tier glass and a better eye box than any of the aforementioned

I don’t know of any scopes that are FFP / MOA that are better than the NX8. Maybe an Athlon Cronus. But that’s all I got.

We have it pretty good with the scope market today.

Back
Top Bottom