• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me out of a safe

Pretty common for big box store type safes. I can't tell you how many "safes" I've seen standing out in the room or just placed against a wall when I've visited folks homes to talk guns. The meth heads don't need to know about Archimedes when they have youtube. @SafeCracka can advise on what type of safe you should buy. The only one I'd trust to keep my guns protected was one like that we had in the arms room in high school. It took 8 men to move it downstairs in the old building when we opened the new range on Upper River Road in Macon.
Dang. ^That method isn’t going to work on my setup once it’s anchored into the concrete, I hope. I had a Stack-On locker style cabinet in a temp apartment years ago. The lock failed and it didn’t take much time for me to pry it open. I knew it was crap when I bought it.

I haven’t got all the material yet. Just a pic in my head. May be a while.. if ever finishing, I don’t know if I want anyone knowing altogether. I’ve built several on the job (BIG tool boxes) out of stainless steel.
Thank you. And, you're right about discretion.

Pretty common for big box store type safes. I can't tell you how many "safes" I've seen standing out in the room or just placed against a wall when I've visited folks homes to talk guns. The meth heads don't need to know about Archimedes when they have youtube. @SafeCracka can advise on what type of safe you should buy. The only one I'd trust to keep my guns protected was one like that we had in the arms room in high school. It took 8 men to move it downstairs in the old building when we opened the new range on Upper River Road in Macon.
I always enjoy the ones you can see from the road under carports with garage door open

Looking to buy a Liberty Colonial 50. Talk me out of it. What say you?

You need a safe for sure. I have a few located in different spots around the property. I also have a loud central station alarm with a police station nearby.

Reactions: GFB
Unfortunately this is the reality. Placement and anchor is as important as selection in a lot of the cases too.

Back
Top Bottom