• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talking about school security...what guns?

I'm not against CC either, but would just like to make some headway getting some kind of protection closer to the source that a call for SWAT.
I watched one of the victims father's talk to Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday. He was very pissed that the media keeps making it a gun control issue. His point which I totally agree with was that the judges and prosecutors are all safe in their courthouses. Federal employees are the same story. Even the obnoxious employees at the airports are safer than the school kids. It's not that hard or expensive to secure the school buildings like those other obviously more important buildings.
If nothing else each school could pay for off duty cops to walk the halls and secure the entrances. Someone that's trained and armed has to be on site at every school as long as the doors are open and students are present. Actually it needs to be at least two armed people present. I would strongly approve of armed teachers . I believe it's a basic human right to be able to defend yourself and not be fish in a barrel which is what the gun free zone does. But lots of teachers are pretty far left and won't have any part of that. But I guess it would be enough to make it legal for them to carry and let them know they have the option whether they do it or not.

Listening to Rush last week he had a call that is a City Council member from somewhere. This caller was explaining that they had city cut backs, and had to move part of the Police department into their school. Maybe this would be a better solution for city and county schools.

You would have multiple Officers moving in and around the schools at several times a day at unknown times at these "Satellite" offices.

3AC419FA-00D3-49CF-A3A9-F3F9DE706E24.png

I think 2 Mossberg 500 8 round 20" pumps or maybe 2 870s. One with slugs and one with the orange furniture that designates it as the less than lethal weapon.loaded with rubber slugs, buckshot maybe pepper balls. Both secured in the principal's office. Maybe two more of the same secured in the opposite end of the school like around the gym/ coaches office.

The idea of a lethal and less than lethal is good, but location and number would depend on the school.

Listening to Rush last week he had a call that is a City Council member from somewhere. This caller was explaining that they had city cut backs, and had to move part of the Police department into their school. Maybe this would be a better solution for city and county schools.

You would have multiple Officers moving in and around the schools at several times a day at unknown times at these "Satellite" offices.

That would be a great idea, make each school a satellite office for the police departments. But the issue is now what do you do when your town has 6 Elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools. There just wouldn't be enough officers. Right now every school where I live has a "resource officer" who is there for these kind of situations, as well as school fights, drugs, etc.. but the high school is so large that it takes 5 minutes to walk from one side to the other. You just wouldn't be able to make it work in every town. This would be the perfect solution for some but not for others.

The idea of a lethal and less than lethal is good, but location and number would depend on the school.
I completely agree. In the videos I've watched 12 gauge rubber slugs do the best job of putting down a threat . But yeah unless you have a minimum of two trained guys walking the halls carrying the shotgun on them at all times then they would have to be strategically placed like damn fire extinguishers. And since each guy can only carry one long gun it would have to be some type of scenario where you have an 8 round Mossberg with maybe the first two rounds in the chamber/mag tube being the less than lethal ammo. The rest would be 1 oz slugs and or buckshot. Although I don't know if I would be comfortable using buckshot in a crowded situation.

I completely agree. In the videos I've watched 12 gauge rubber slugs do the best job of putting down a threat . But yeah unless you have a minimum of two trained guys walking the halls carrying the shotgun on them at all times then they would have to be strategically placed like damn fire extinguishers. And since each guy can only carry one long gun it would have to be some type of scenario where you have an 8 round Mossberg with maybe the first two rounds in the chamber/mag tube being the less than lethal ammo. The rest would be 1 oz slugs and or buckshot. Although I don't know if I would be comfortable using buckshot in a crowded situation.

I've seen where those rubber slugs have broken people's ribs... That will definitely stop the threat. One option could be the new 870 magazine fed. The best option would really be having two-three guys walking the halls everyday. I think really the buckshot would be bad as well, slug might be best.

I've seen where those rubber slugs have broken people's ribs... That will definitely stop the threat. One option could be the new 870 magazine fed. The best option would really be having two-three guys walking the halls everyday. I think really the buckshot would be bad as well, slug might be best.
Well I saw yesterday that Academy has those mag fed 12 gauge AK type guns pretty cheap. I'm talking under $400.00. I see your point about the mag fed shotguns being more versatile I just never cared for them personally. Those mags are big and bulky and don't hold that much ammo.

I can predict that future schools will be built even more like prisons with a Sally port double door type entrance and a central control pod that has a clear view down each hallway. And that's where the 870s Mini 14s and 37mm launchers will be located. Only thing missing at that point will be a guard tower out front.

Back
Top Bottom