• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talking about school security...what guns?

minimum of two trained guys walking the halls
This with National Guard with rifles. Rubber bullets sound good but there will be a shooter wearing body armor soon enough.Teachers should also be allowed to CC if they choose. Schools should also practice active shooter drills(barricade,run,attack). Seems more practical than the the monthly fire drills they do now.

That would be a great idea, make each school a satellite office for the police departments. But the issue is now what do you do when your town has 6 Elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools. There just wouldn't be enough officers. Right now every school where I live has a "resource officer" who is there for these kind of situations, as well as school fights, drugs, etc.. but the high school is so large that it takes 5 minutes to walk from one side to the other. You just wouldn't be able to make it work in every town. This would be the perfect solution for some but not for others.

I didn't say it would work everywhere. But, it's better than nothing for some. And, the lefties will tell you that there is no money to hire school security. (Due to them lining there pockets)

FIRST OFF! We need to get these school admins to do there job! I know in the high school my kids go to. There have been several kids bring guns or make threats in school. These kids got in school suspension or a "good talking to". What happened to "ZERO TOLERANCE"?

Not sure about where the rest of you are, but what a joke it is here.

Whatever handguns the teachers can comfortably carry concealed and will not leave in unlocked desk drawers or purses is OK with me.
Anything from .38 special small frame (5 shot) revolvers up to full size Glocks, SiGs, Springfield XD’s, 1911’s, etc.

I would not mind sone teachers having a fast-opening gun safe in their classrooms in which some long gun like an AR carbine or maybe Ruger’s new 9mm carbine is stored. Mag loaded and locked in place, but chamber empty.
In emergency, use fingerprint scan pad to unlock safe, open door, grab carbine, rack the bolt back and let ‘er fly, and now you’re ready.

Ready to defend your classroom door, OR ready to step into the hall and start looking for the Nut-job who needs to be shot down.

Battle Droids would work.....

Roger, roger

giphy.gif

Even a petite woman can learn to use a pistol caliber carbine effectively.
It needs to be a LIGHT WEIGHT gun, though.
Closer to 5 lbs. than to 9 lbs.
Some of these AR’s are pretty heavy, with bull barrels and heavy scopes/ optics.

lol, How about fostech origin's for all teachers, 30 round mags, all beanbag rounds, last 5 rounds would be slugs

Even a petite woman can learn to use a pistol caliber carbine effectively.
It needs to be a LIGHT WEIGHT gun, though.
Closer to 5 lbs. than to 9 lbs.
Some of these AR’s are pretty heavy, with bull barrels and heavy scopes/ optics.
Said it many times before and I'll say it again. M1 Carbine. Easy to learn and easy to shoot. Slightly better than pistols or pistol caliber carbines.

Back
Top Bottom