• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talking about school security...what guns?

Used to be nothing but teachers and a handfull of staff working the schools. There are many more staff now working at every school.

No need for "Miss Priss" to have to carry, there are plenty of others that can.

And locking up the guns makes as much sense as locking up the fire extinguishers. When you need it, you need it NOW!

A belt fed . Don’t matter which but if the principle comes out with a PKM ... things would be easier to manage . Seriously.

Odds of ND are much slimmer , it’s less likely to be misplaced or left unattended. All pros . Only con is the principle having a soviet made belt fed would look a little awkward

If the defensive weapon kept in the school were a high-capacity semi auto "assault" type weapon, IT would be an attractive target for a murderer. The killer need only ambush and disable or kill the teacher to gain access to the weapon that he can then use to kill dozens of kids.

Maybe to make the "defense gun" less attractive to a school shooter, it should be a LOW CAPACITY firearm.
Like, for example, a lever-action .30-30 rifle. Plenty of stopping power. Blasts through most body armor. Great accuracy. Fast to use with open sights. Some models are easy to mount optics to, also. A 50mm wide-body red dot scope would be great. Yet, it's unlikely a disturbed teen would try to steal this weapon to use in a massacre.

A pump-action rifle like a Remington 760 / 7600 would be good, too.
They come with 4-round standard mags. 10-round aftermarket mags have been available for decades.
It comes in many calibers, but a low-recoiling .243 Win seems about ideal. 85 gr. bullets leaving the muzzle at 3100 f.p.s. is very deadly.

Think of it as like a pump shotgun (reliable and simple, with unquestioned stopping power) but without the recoil of a 12 or 20 ga. scattergun that throws an ounce of lead at a time.

(If the school has the budget for a little customization, I say have a gunsmith trim an inch off the buttstock, cut 6" off the barrel and weld-on a muzzle brake/ compensator, and stick a reflex / red dot sight on it.)

Used to be nothing but teachers and a handfull of staff working the schools. There are many more staff now working at every school.

No need for "Miss Priss" to have to carry, there are plenty of others that can.

And locking up the guns makes as much sense as locking up the fire extinguishers. When you need it, you need it NOW!

Yep, only 3 to 5 concealed instructors minimum, preferably competitive shooters, former/reserve military and LEO with cross training with local law enforcement and rehearsals using air soft during summer break.

They don't have to be Jerry Miculek, just active participants, to delay, halt and stop either through indirect fire or direct fire until the cavalry arrives.

This 17 dead **** would stop.

As for the liberal left School system, the signs aren't working jackasses so what's the fix?

Since most of the people coming into the schools have an AR, I would personally want the same. A pistol is better than nothing, but if you are going against an AR you are already outgunned.

A belt fed . Don’t matter which but if the principle comes out with a PKM ... things would be easier to manage . Seriously.

Odds of ND are much slimmer , it’s less likely to be misplaced or left unattended. All pros . Only con is the principle having a soviet made belt fed would look a little awkward
Lmao you want the principal to come out shooting an LMG down the school hallways?

I watched one of the victims father's talk to Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday. He was very pissed that the media keeps making it a gun control issue. His point which I totally agree with was that the judges and prosecutors are all safe in their courthouses. Federal employees are the same story. Even the obnoxious employees at the airports are safer than the school kids. It's not that hard or expensive to secure the school buildings like those other obviously more important buildings.
If nothing else each school could pay for off duty cops to walk the halls and secure the entrances. Someone that's trained and armed has to be on site at every school as long as the doors are open and students are present. Actually it needs to be at least two armed people present. I would strongly approve of armed teachers . I believe it's a basic human right to be able to defend yourself and not be fish in a barrel which is what the gun free zone does. But lots of teachers are pretty far left and won't have any part of that. But I guess it would be enough to make it legal for them to carry and let them know they have the option whether they do it or not.

Having more than one armed resource officer in the school would be an improvement. While you are right that many teachers would not want to have any part of being armed in the classroom, there are plenty of teachers who would willingly accept the responsibility.

Given the option, my guess is there would not be a shortage of teachers prepared to defend a classroom.

Back
Top Bottom