• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tapping

Ran the engine with a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil for 2 weeks, a few hundred miles. The low oil pressure and tapping stopped completely
Changed my oil yesterday using Valvoline Synthetic Blend "High Mileage"minus the MMO. Started it up with immediate tapping and low oil pressure. When I give it gas the oil pressure goes up and the tapping stops, let the rpm's come down and it begins to tap again
Gonna put a quart of MMO in it like last time and see if that helps again
The engine has ALOT of power for 4.7. It's not sluggish, no skipping or anything like that

I Love my old 4x4, just got a brand new suspension at AutoPro in PTC, drives like a new truck now and had a new stereo system installed yesterday

When I give it gas the oil pressure goes up and the tapping stops, let the rpm's come down and it begins to tap again
Sounds like trouble. That said I had an old ford that I finally just ignored the oil pressure gauge on. Just be aware that if you keep driving it with this problem a new engine may be in your future.

Sounds like trouble. That said I had an old ford that I finally just ignored the oil pressure gauge on. Just be aware that if you keep driving it with this problem a new engine may be in your future.
A new engine is in my future I just need this engine to last for about another year

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...07-20&linkId=70064e235e7872196b5ebfa5a2ac737a

Rislone.png

Back
Top Bottom