• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taran tactical base plates worth it??

They work great. They’re better than plastic extensions in my opinion. I’ve dropped Arredondos and they’ve shattered spitting rounds everywhere. If you go +2 or more may want an upgraded spring depending on your OEM Springs life use etc.

I agree that I run regular baseplates on full-size or compact guns.

A few of my Sub-compacts have/had +2s which were taran Tactical most the time.
I’ve personally never broken one.
Ok thats good ill prob end up buying 1 or 2 and test them for a while thanks man!

I have been using Taylor Freelance, he is associate editor of front site magazine, an IPSC publication and they have out lasted any others I know of and one mounted, failsafe cannot come off.
taylorfreelance.com/blog/

GLK-22-140-1.png
ets glock 22 mag. This is a 19rnd mag for 22 bucks (not much longer than standard mags). They also have other mags with more or less ammo capacity. Pretty cool and price is right.

I've got the +2's on three magazines on my G43 and have had no issues at all. With that being said I borrowed two G43 mags for a class that had the stryke industries extensions on them. They were flawless as well and they're not as pricey.

I've got the +2's on three magazines on my G43 and have had no issues at all. With that being said I borrowed two G43 mags for a class that had the stryke industries extensions on them. They were flawless as well and they're not as pricey.

I like the stryke extentions cuz they look like factory glock 43 grip and as you said...price.

View attachment 1457099 ets glock 22 mag. This is a 19rnd mag for 22 bucks (not much longer than standard mags). They also have other mags with more or less ammo capacity. Pretty cool and price is right.
I have one of the ets 9mm 30 rd mags, and I had the rounds hang up about mid-mag while hand unloading. Had to give it a good knock to free them up. Not sure the cause, and the shorter mags may not have the issue, but it definitely changed my confidence in this brand.

I have one of the ets 9mm 30 rd mags, and I had the rounds hang up about mid-mag while hand unloading. Had to give it a good knock to free them up. Not sure the cause, and the shorter mags may not have the issue, but it definitely changed my confidence in this brand.

Any issues with feeding rounds while shooting? I have one of the 30 rnds mags also. Feeds well. Either way its a good idea to function test for reliability when using after market mags/extentions

I have a +3 Hyve extension on my extra Glock 19 that I carry. Originally had some issues with failure to lock open on the last round. Swapped out the spring for a Glock 17 spring and voila, no more issues. I have the Vickers baseplate on the mag that is in the 19 and then carry the Hyve one as backup. Gives me 34 rounds of 9mm in an easy carry package. I used to just carry a G17 mag as the backup, but I like how the Hyve one fits flush with the grip.

Back
Top Bottom