• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taran tactical base plates worth it??

Any issues with feeding rounds while shooting? I have one of the 30 rnds mags also. Feeds well. Either way its a good idea to function test for reliability when using after market mags/extentions
No, but I’ve only ran that mag twice, so I don’t have much experience with it. It had also been sitting loaded in 14 degree weather for a few days before this, & occurred in same temps, so I don’t know if that was a factor.

One of the mags for my G17 had one on it when I bought it used. I think I've only used it twice and and only with fmj ammo but the only issue I've had is the slide no longer locks open when empty. Don't recall any ftfs. Its big and butt ugly so I dont use it. 17 shots is plenty of ammo in a handgun imo. One day I'll put a stock base plate on or try a magpul magazine

One of the mags for my G17 had one on it when I bought it used. I think I've only used it twice and and only with fmj ammo but the only issue I've had is the slide no longer locks open when empty. Don't recall any ftfs. Its big and butt ugly so I dont use it. 17 shots is plenty of ammo in a handgun imo. One day I'll put a stock base plate on or try a magpul magazine
Yeah thats some of the complaints i saw online its because of the spring that comes with the baseplate but ill just spend 35 and try one for a while and see if its worth it

Back
Top Bottom