• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tared, Feathered and Ran out of the State

I have not been a Richt fan since his 3rd year, he makes terrible on and off field decisions, has no time management skills and was told by 2 former players after they graduated, that there was little respect for him from the players because he could not get them to "rally" or get fired up. He was way too meek and mild!!

This thread makes me laugh out loud. The "Fans" need to reassess their priorities in life or possibly even get a life beyond a vicarious existence based on logoed merchandise and scoreboards that give their lives direction. Don't get me wrong, I am a Georgia fan, but I am willing to accept a subpar season to have a man with moral character around in a sport that at the D-1 level is often bankrupt of any semblance of morals both in coach and player.

I know this is not a popular way to look at colligate sports. It will bring the hate from most. No worries, next Saturday put on your logoed jersey with another man's name on the back, and drive on!

This thread makes me laugh out loud. The "Fans" need to reassess their priorities in life or possibly even get a life beyond a vicarious existence based on logoed merchandise and scoreboards that give their lives direction. Don't get me wrong, I am a Georgia fan, but I am willing to accept a subpar season to have a man with moral character around in a sport that at the D-1 level is often bankrupt of any semblance of morals both in coach and player.

I know this is not a popular way to look at colligate sports. It will bring the hate from most. No worries, next Saturday put on your logoed jersey with another man's name on the back, and drive on!
I am not one of the jersey wearing fans, but I do watch most games and occasionally go to one. If UGA loses then my weekend is not ruined, I may get upset for a few minutes though. However, when a man gets paid millions of dollars to win ball games and puts that type of product on the field, he deserves to be fired. I think he is a great person but he shouldn't keep his job based on that.

No reason you cant have a man of character and a winning program. It does happen.

I am not one of the jersey wearing fans, but I do watch most games and occasionally go to one. If UGA loses then my weekend is not ruined, I may get upset for a few minutes though. However, when a man gets paid millions of dollars to win ball games and puts that type of product on the field, he deserves to be fired. I think he is a great person but he shouldn't keep his job based on that.
I think he gets paid millions to do much more than just win ball games. I can think of a few programs where coaches believed they were paid only to win, SMU and Miami comes to mind.

I think he gets paid millions to do much more than just win ball games. I can think of a few programs where coaches believed they were paid only to win, SMU and Miami comes to mind.
They were paying players. The football coach gets paid to win in order to bring in more revenue for the school. Don't get me wrong the coach should be a good guy but 99% of his paycheck is to win.

No reason you cant have a man of character and a winning program. It does happen.

Not often. Miami just tried that and it worked out really well for 'em. As a South Carolina fan, we saw the problems with that in recent years. All reports that Chad Kelly wanted to come to South Carolina but that's not the type of player Spurrier would have, so he went to Ole Miss. Not the best QB around but leaps and bounds better than the three we've put on the field this year. Other guys kicked off the team, Clowney was the only one Spurrier gave any slack to. Florida kicked Cam Newton out for stealing laptops and Auburn paid a small sum of cash and got a National Championship out of it. That's just the way it is: you do what you have to do to win, nothing else matters. Unless you're Vanderbilt or something.

I like Mark Richt. If he gets fired and wants to come to Columbia, I'd love to see him coaching the Gamecocks next season with those consistent top 10-15 recruiting classes and win some SEC Championships and a few BCS/playoff/whatever you want to call it games. Surround him with some good assistants instead of the slew of NFL has-beens Georgia has paid for in recent years.

They were paying players. The football coach gets paid to win in order to bring in more revenue for the school. Don't get me wrong the coach should be a good guy but 99% of his paycheck is to win.
And the coaches knew nothing of it? Look, I am not interested in debating "He gets paid to win" mantra of the D-1 fan base. I believe there is more to coaching, at any level, than winning at all costs. I am very clear that that is a minority opinion. Please, carry on without me. :yo:

Rappel down from the high horse. While mentoring is part of his job, his overall mission is to drive booster support by winning football games and ultimately championships. You don't get paid a base salary of $3,331,000 to be a nice guy. It's funny isn't it? Universities only pay millions to mentor very athletically talented young people. No one down in the Chem Lab has that salary.

Selfishly as a Gator I enjoy seeing a victory over UGA but a poor product in Athens is bad for the overall SEC brand.

Rappel down from the high horse. While mentoring is part of his job, his overall mission is to drive booster support by winning football games and ultimately championships. You don't get paid a base salary of $3,331,000 to be a nice guy. It's funny isn't it? Universities only pay millions to mentor very athletically talented young people. No one down in the Chem Lab has that salary.

Selfishly as a Gator I enjoy seeing a victory over UGA but a poor product in Athens is bad for the overall SEC brand.
I appreciate the advise, but I will pass. :yo:

Back
Top Bottom