• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Targeting" in NCAA Football?

BackWoods

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
After watching the SC game, a player got called for Targeting on a receiver and was initially DQ'd and kicked out of the game...after a replay review, that was overturned and he was allowed to stay in the game...my question is, why is the Targeting overturned yet, offense still receives a first down and penalty yards??? Seems like this rule/penalty needs to be reviewed by the NCAA...they have reversed this call 9 times this last month!!!

That is complete and utter bull****!! I hate this rule. You sign up for football knowing what could happen. Your basically preventing the defense from being able to make plays. If you over turn the targeting then the penalty should NOT stand!

Yeah I'm watching that game. I have no problem with them saying "we ****ed up". But they have to give the penalty back as well. Just dumb.

The NCAA should review that rule tomorrow.

Yeah I'm watching that game. I have no problem with them saying "we ****ed up". But they have to give the penalty back as well. Just dumb.

The NCAA should review that rule tomorrow.

That was probably one of the best hits of the week! Just because the smaller receiver got his bell rung, doesn't mean it's a penalty! This is foosball, not badminton!!!

The same thing happened in the Alabama vs Texas A&M game. I understand the reason for the penalty, but if the ejection is overturned upon review the underlying penalty should be reversed.

Exactly! Yes, I remember that play as well. Was not even that hard of a hit, IMO.

They are turning football into a non-contact sport. You can thank the soccer crowd for that. I see it at football practice every day. The soccer players are the worst to coach. They don't know how to play in a physical game. The players that don't play soccer are usually better at blocking and tackling. Just my observation.

After watching the SC game, a player got called for Targeting on a receiver and was initially DQ'd and kicked out of the game...after a replay review, that was overturned and he was allowed to stay in the game...my question is, why is the Targeting overturned yet, offense still receives a first down and penalty yards??? Seems like this rule/penalty needs to be reviewed by the NCAA...they have reversed this call 9 times this last month!!!

Silly rules, just silly.

Back
Top Bottom