• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus and why do you all hate them.

No Taurus hate here...bonifide deer slayer:

CIMG1774.JPG

Reading these posts got me to thinking...
I miss the 2 Raging Bulls I sold.
Never owned a Glock and why is there never anything good on tv.
Never owned a 1911 which may explain my irrational fear of motorcycles.
I'm takin my iPad out to the truck, listen to the radio, and search for a deal on a Raging Bull.
Rambling over, proceed with thread.

I've personally only had any experience with 2 Taurus guns. One a PT-92 my brother owned that would occasionally fire when the slide was released, even with the safety on. The other was a Taurus 1911 that I got in a trade here. The slide to frame fit on that 1911 was beyond any reasonable use of the word sloppy. Pretty sure the barrel bushing and slide release were the only things keeping the slide from just falling off the frame.

I've seen 2 Polymer Model 85's blow up due to timing issues. PT709's are poorly made and have multiple fitment issues that lead to the firearm not even being functioning out of the box. Seen multiple judges not be able to fire out of the box, problems with the transfer bar.

All firearm manufacturers have bad eggs, but it seems like Taurus has A LOT more than most others.

I owned several flawless taurus firearms. Bought a snub nose .357 stainless steel with concealed hammer for concealment. Had to pull it out because and ex con with neck tattoos and death in his eyes was about to beat me to death. It did it's job, the guy backed down. A few days later, I took it to the range and when I pulled the trigger it just crunched. Something inside was broken. I sent it in to taurus thru adventure outdoors. They fixed it and returned, then I sold it.
I don't hate taurus, would be a fine gun for the range, but if you need a weapon you can stake your life on, that ain't Taurus. I know carry a Glock 43 or a Ruger .357.

Back
Top Bottom