• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus and why do you all hate them.

I can't comment on the semi auto's because I have never owned or fired one. I currently have a 689 357/38spl that rocks. It is a older model and that may have a lot to do with it. I had a Tracker 357 and did not care for it. No operational problems just did not like the balance, feel or trigger pull. In no way is the 689 as nice as my Smith but still a nice revolver for the price.

OWN ABOUT 7 TAURUS NEVER A PROBLEM OUT OF ANY. THEY WILL SHOOT AS GOOD AS SMITHS COLTS AND GLOCKS I HAVE. SENDING A GUYS RAGING BULL BACK TO TARUS TODAY THAT SOMETIMES WILL NOT FIRE . 20 DOLLARS SHIPPING INSURANCE AND THEY SHIP BACK ON THEM. SENT TAURUS 66 BACK ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO FOR GUY WHO HAD LOST HAMMERBLOCK SAFETY FIRING PIN AND 2 SIDE PLATE SCREWS WHEN HE TOOK IT APART. SENT TO TAURUS REPLACED ALL PARTS SHIPPED BACK TO ME NO CHARGE FOR ANYTHING IN 2 WEEKS TIME. AS GOOD A SERVICE AS REMINGTON AND SMITH . IVE SENT MORE TO REMINGTON AND SMITH FOR REPAIRS AND RECALLS ! HAD TO PAY ONE WAY WITH THEM EXCEPT FOR MY 3 700P REMINGTONS WHICH THEY SENT SHIPPING LABEL AND PAYED BOTH WAYS.

Early on the jam-o-matic Taurus, and I can't remember the model, was one of my first semi-autos and a glock. Needless to say the Glock ate everything and the Taurus was an unreliable piece of ****. I did own a 44 mag Taurus revolver that shot under hundred rounds for me reliably before I dumped it. So I did buy and sell more Glocks, but have never bought another Taurus. Just my personal experience and no outside influence.

I've owned many Taurii pistols and revolvers over the years, and most of them have had to have warranty work.
They offer a lot of value for the money when they work right, but they don't always work right, or keep on working right after years of service (with occasional use, nothing that would wear them out mechanically).

One complaint I have about their revolvers is how stiff and rough the double-action trigger pulls are.
But for a snub-nosed "belly gun" that may not matter.

Pt92 and pt1911 ar good to go everything else I've had from them jammed constantly dropped the while firing revolvers lost timing

I had a 24/7 tactical that the guide rod would fly out of the end of the pistol when shooting. The recoil spring was so weak if you lunged the pistol forward fast enough you would eject the round chambered and fail to feed, now if done hard enough it might strip a new round. It really was a shame I loved the look the feel the capacity 18+1 it had a great trigger and was very accurate but it was a total pos.

I also had a pt945 that when shooting the rear sight would jump around from one side to the other until it fell out. It also had a weird thing with the trigger if you pushed over to the left on the trigger and pulled it back the hammer wouldn't drop never could figure out why it did this I couldn't see where it made any sense and it never did it while firing the pistol.

Those are my only 2 personal experiences with Taurus products and they were not that good.

C'mon man you know I was there....you were serving cookies and kool aid at breaks

James Yeager training class check list.
Firearms
Ammo
Plenty of mags
Cleaning supplies and gun oil
Bullet proof vest for dude in wheel chair
Tire plug kit (with 9mm-45acp plugs to insure you can get back on the road and haul as away to safety )
A needle to pop egos.

Back
Top Bottom