• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus and why do you all hate them.

I don't HATE Taurus at all, I am simply not satisfied with their quality, quality control, customer service.
I at one time owned 9 Different Taurus weapons, all were semi auto, of these 9 weapons 5 had need to return to the mother ship for service, repair times ran from 10 days to 9 weeks for assorted issues.
at one time a owner could buy pretty much any part for the guns except the frame or slide, that changed quite a few years back, now you virtually can not order any part, its ship the weapon back to Miami for repair (by the way if older than 6 months) you get to eat a 60-75 dollar shipping fee to them.
add to this the almost non existent availability of magazines across the models (except the 1911) and you just have headaches all the way around with the brand.
Now IF one NEVER has any issues with a gun of that brand I can see where one would like it,.
call the customer service reps and you may get any number of answers t your questions, many not true!
add to this the recent recall in a large number of the semi auto models and the inability of Taurus to bring that to a finalization, along with the current unrest in brazil and who wants to take a chance on the brand?
I don't and that's from actual experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom