• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus and why do you all hate them.

IMG_5179.JPG
I carry a 709 slim. Polished up the barrel and the feed ramp and I have never had a failure of any type. I have missed matched crap ammo through that thing and fired it as fast as I possibly can and shaking my hands and it still performs. I could carry anything I want to but I'll stick with my slim thank you ...

Easy there, now. Glock is the absolute BEST $350 pistol ever made, bar none. I know. I own several. Trouble is, nobody will sell ya one for tree fitty. :mmph:
Lol.....I don't think I'd ever pay that much for a GLOCK...unless they ever got out of the mindset of building their guns with budget materials....

Although I don't currently own a Taurus, I can't begin to tell you how many people I have met over the years that have had to return their gun to Taurus for various malfunctions and none of them gave glowing testimonials regarding their service.

We sent way more, uh, Tauri back for warranty repairs than any other brand. It's not that they are bad designs, or the can't build good guns. There do. But quality control is less than stellar, and they are built to a lesser standard than some other guns. For example, if you take the side plate off a S&W revolver, it will be clean inside. Take the side plate off a new Taurus revolver, and they are typically have machining dust and grit in them.

That said, I've owned a few Taurus revolvers, and they've been rock solid. After I cleaned them out, of course.

Back
Top Bottom