• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus and why do you all hate them.

In my opinion, this whole conversation is about acceptable risk. IF (I'm making up numbers here, I admit) you knew that 20% of new Tauri would have to be returned for a warranty repair, but only 5% of another manufacturer that cost 25% more would have to be returned, what do you choose? That's basically the issue. All guns are mechanical devices, and can fail. How much you are willing to spend to drive down the odds of your gun needing repair is entirely up to you. (I leave out the customers who make their buying decisions entirely emotionally, which happens so much it is frightening).

They bought the old Beretta factory, so it would have been hard to screw up the 92 design. They are basically making Beretta 92s, so I think that's a solid bet. Same with the 1911. Kinda hard to screw that up. Anything they've engineered themselves seems to be problematic. I had a .38 special that was nothing but trouble. Hands down the worst gun I've ever owned and the worst customer service I've ever experienced with a firearm company. My brother bought a TCP while I had an LCP and his was a jam-o-matic. These two personal experiences are why I do not and will NOT EVER own another Taurus product.

well if it's true then it's not good. But if it's been hacked up to make you think one way are the other then they are not good. But we may never know.
You can hear the slide shaking up and down when he shakes it. If the slide is loose the gun will fire when it's not supposed to. Had a Glock do that to me, a trip to Smyrna and it was as good as new.

I've never had trouble with a Taurus or early Rossi.
I love my TCP it's more accurate than any mouse gun I've ever shot, and eats anything.
My Judge was great, worked good, just never really got into it.
Has two PT140s worked good but as a whole I don't like Taurus designs in their autos and the triggers seem spongy only exception is the TCP.
REPORTED!
My 709 trigger is buttery goodness on Wonder Bread.

Back
Top Bottom