• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus and why do you all hate them.

My pt 111
4c179831b7209f15f86b01e1ee410a40.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
If you will throw in a Hi Point or and RG snub I'll trade you my kitchen table build AR.:becky:

That's a fine pic right there. You can touch a G43 for that price and the 709 is WAY better than the PF9. I've owned a PF9, P11 and P32. The P32 is perfect for it's intended purpose. The P11 is pro the best Kel Tec to own. But the PF9 just kinda sucks compared to the 709.
Had a 709. PF. and an LC9 at the same time... The LC was the first to go...

I personally through ,y ownership believe they are the "Best Budget". When you talk about guns that are 199-299 BRAND new; it's a great gun. But...they are not "hit or miss" although QC is not the best. Are they up to par? Perhaps, but I have been OVERLY sure of the safety/reliability of my Taurus firearms. That being said, pt111 G2 is a killer gun at a killer price.

Have a old 357 great gun, have a 22 that keyholes the bullet, uncle had a 327 and a 357 you had to beat the fired casing out of, brother has a 1911 that came apart while he was shooting it. Dad has the 22/ 22mag. After he bought it he had to work on it to get the cylinder to turn reliably. I would say with all those problems out of a hand full of guns to just stay away from them

I've never owned a GLOCK....I'll shoot one maybe,but as far as buying one I don't think that'll ever happen.....only way I'd own one is that it was given to me.....for the money there is better guns to my desires out there
To each his own, I guess. Glocks are simple, reliable, unromantic tools.

Pros; Superior, durable magazine design. Magazines are cheap, available everywhere. Gun is completely user serviceable with no special tools. Parts are cheap and available. Reliable. Simple manual of arms.

Cons; Second most ugly pistol (Hi-Point takes first place here). Boring and uninspiring (think Toyota Corolla), basically, it's an appliance. Trigger is what it is, not great but can be learned. Cost is way too high for what it is. No second strike capability. Less than ideal ergonomics.

FWIW, the most I've ever payed was $450 total, off of ODT, for a LNIB G17 with box and all the factory stuff, three mags and night sights. I think I payed too much. Like I said in another post, they're an excellent $350 pistol. Great for self defense. Not so great for showing to your friends. They won't be impressed...

It's just like cars. It's a mechanical device. If two people had problems, then your product can get a bad rep. That's the beauty of firearms. Each brand and model is so perfectly suited to whatever need it serves that there is no comparing, and the market is so diverse there are aaaaalways good better and best options. No, the pt111 is not a glock 43. BUT at $289...it sure is a doublestack 9mm!!

Owned 3 with no issues. People going to hate on anything. Resale sux though. Loved my hi point also. Personally any manufacturer that drills holes in guns to make lawyers and politicians happy should be ragged on. Includes Smith and Taurus. A gun smith i talked with hates taking hem apart.

Back
Top Bottom