• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus GX4

Parker J Wiley

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
Just twondering if anyone else was as happy with their gx4 as I am.

I've always been one to turn my nose up at taurus for being "for the poors", but a sale at palmetto plus rebate and a birthday gift card let me get one for $100 out of pocket so I snapped it up. I could not be more impressed. Took it to the range and promptly torture tested it with 1000 rounds of 115 grain ammo from AAC, WOLF, and Speer. It ate all of them with no failures and no cleaning. Since then I have put 200 or so rounds of my carry ammo (NOVX Engagement Extreme 65 gr. +P) with no failures out of the factory 11 round mags. The ONLY gripe I have is that the formerly unobtanium 13 round mags seem to require a significant break in to properly feed. I easily have over 2500 rounds through this gun now and the only issues I ever had were during the aforementioned break in period for the 13 rounders.

The trigger is great, the ergos are great, the factory sights are even pretty good for basic sights. Due to my predisposition against Taurus I have wanted to find something against it, but I just can't. I can even reliably run a plate rack and put down center mass or headshots at about 15-25 yards.

That being said. It has earned my EDC spot, replacing my p365 and glock 43x. I have sold both of them since and will not look back.

Has everyone had similar great experiences, or do I just have a jewel of a gun that came out of a trash pile?

Back
Top Bottom