• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus Judge - won't cycle 410

I shot one with 2 1/2 shells that had the folded top crimp. When they opened up they locked up the cylinder. Most of the ammo I see in pics with the Judge show the rolled top crimp with the paper wadding. I don't think those are a problem.

These are the ones I have shot out of the 3 guns I’ve owned.

ABB09282-47B6-4449-B818-354A90F6B788.jpeg

Try any different ammo of the correct length.

There are some loads that were formulated for the pistol, but the the specific differences were in the powder and shot choices being optimized for a pistol barrel.

Just in case the problem is with the other end of the cylinder, check and make sure which end is causing the problem. Occasionally, you may have one that did not seat all the way into the chamber and it will bump into the “cylinder shield”— not sure that is what it is called. I had a ruger blackhawk in 45ACP that would do that. Just the rough rim edges of reloaded brass would catch on it.

Do you still have the empty hulls that caused it to lock up ? It should be possible to work out what's happening using them.

Yep, I have three that fired and will rotate pretty good, but still hanging up a little. It appears the brass is too "thick" and not letting the cylinder rotate. I was thinking maybe the handgun shells would work better - opinions seem to vary widely! I'll look closer later today - maybe something will jump out at me.

Back
Top Bottom