• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus rumor mill

Should I buy a PT111 or slap some tist instead?

• Total voters

Jeddak

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
142   0
Reaction score
So I stopped by a LGS last night to see if they had Taurus PT111 G2 in stock and at what price.
They did not. The interesting part was the salesman.

He tried to talk me out PT111, not because of the Taurus quality, but because "Taurus was sued over the 1st generation PT111, and court said that Taurus cannot do any warranty work on PT111, even on the second generation. You cannot send in for repairs, even with their lifetime warranty"
I very hard tried not not laugh, but I guess I did not do good job hiding it, because he said that he has a lot of people coming looking for PT111 and he tells them all the same thing, trying to to keep them from falling into the Taurus trap.

I left as fast as I could. $700 WASRs on the shelf were not enticing either :D.

As a gun salesman i too try too talk people out of a Taurus purchase. Its called selling up. Taurus semi handguns are just crap. Theres no sugar coating it. If i can talk someone into spending $100 more to get 500x the quality, I will. If you're dead set on waisting money ok a Turdus then by all means go ahead, and best of luck on finding a surgeon to reconstruct your hand after it blows up on you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

As a gun salesman i too try too talk people out of a Taurus purchase. Its called selling up. Taurus semi handguns are just crap. Theres no sugar coating it. If i can talk someone into spending $100 more to get 500x the quality, I will. If you're dead set on waisting money ok a Turdus then by all means go ahead, and best of luck on finding a surgeon to reconstruct your hand after it blows up on you.

Tell us what you really think

Never bought any of their guns, their semi-autos are just butt ugly to me

And not meaning to trash your thread Jeddak

So I stopped by a LGS last night to see if they had Taurus PT111 G2 in stock and at what price.
They did not. The interesting part was the salesman.

He tried to talk me out PT111, not because of the Taurus quality, but because "Taurus was sued over the 1st generation PT111, and court said that Taurus cannot do any warranty work on PT111, even on the second generation. You cannot send in for repairs, even with their lifetime warranty"
I very hard tried not not laugh, but I guess I did not do good job hiding it, because he said that he has a lot of people coming looking for PT111 and he tells them all the same thing, trying to to keep them from falling into the Taurus trap.

I left as fast as I could. $700 WASRs on the shelf were not enticing either :D.

Sadly the $700 WASR isn't far off from reality

Seriously, we are talking about a $200 handgun. Buy a used one and be done with it. I have a slim 709 I've had absolutely no problems with, I would not designated as a high dollar Firearm, however it has never failed me. I own, A variety of high dollar fire arms but I still carry the Taurus. Salesman Are salesman, do your homework and don't believe the hype

Not sure why people talk negatively about gun salesmen. Clearly there are still some out there that are knowledgeable and in tune with the products, truly want to do what is best for the consumer, and take all factors into consideration when recommending a firearm in a professional and unbiased manner.

I want to buy my gun from you, which shop do you work at? I have some questions about what I should get.

I have seen half a dozen of these in the last few years.
taurus.jpg
taurus2.jpg

Not sure why people talk negatively about gun salesmen. Clearly there are still some out there that are knowledgeable and in tune with the products, truly want to do what is best for the consumer, and take all factors into consideration when recommending a firearm in a professional and unbiased manner.

I want to buy my gun from you, which shop do you work at? I have some questions about what I should get.
I appreciate the positive feedback. All i can say is save up another paycheck or two and get yourself an S&W or Ruger. Im obviously not going to NOT sell someone a Taurus of they absolutely want one, but if i can sell up I will. And I work at a Field and Stream in New York. Another reason i sell up, in NY you need a pistol permit ($200 and about a 6+ month wait) to even touch a handgun. Why go through all that to waste your money? And if you have any questions feel free to dm me (if there is a direct message on here, fairly new)

Back
Top Bottom