• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus rumor mill

Should I buy a PT111 or slap some tist instead?

• Total voters
I don't because I saw someone put 10000 rounds through one on youtube but by the fact that I've seen it several times now, that I personally have a few thousand through my personal one as do all of my buddies that have had them and I don't know about pot metal. pretty sure that is still used exclusively in all of the cobra, jiminez, bryco that are actual pieces of **** that really would do more damage if you threw one at someone
No doubt Taurus is better than jiminez, bryco and all them. The G2 is a pretty darn good gun for the money, I won't argue that, I've had one myself and put a few hundred rounds through it and liked it. I just don't trust it, there's no way to know or quantify when or if metal parts on a gun will fail. But when you have a Taurus you're just not stacking the odds in your favor.

So, let's summarize the tread so far. :)

1. ODT cannot stay on topic from the very beginning. Not a single comment about Taurus not doing the warranty work on G2.
2. Some folks fly into apoplectic rage at the bare mentioning of Taurus. They need to get their blood pressure checked and get their wills updated. I volunteer to be an executor for their estates.
3. Overall experience with G2 is good on ODT. I might get one, when funds allow and I can find it under for $200.
4. Gun store salesmen think they are a fountain of all knowledge.
5. Jeddak needs to wear body armor, athletic cup and a chastity belt to the next ODT M&G, he has a crowd of fans he did not know about.
6. Titty slapping, including mutual titty slapping, is popular in middle and south Georgia. Run if you hear the banjos.
7. Taurus makes pepper box revolvers.
8. If you own guns costing less than a stippled Glock on ODT, you do not care about your family.
9. Gun prices and gun quality follow a logarithmic scale. A marginal increase in gun cost results in guns 500x better quality. Somebody needs to update the LGS about this pricing structure.
10. No reason has been offered for abundance of $700, LNIB with 500 shots fired Glocks on ODT and dearth of $150 used with 500 shots fired PT111 G2s on ODT.

What did I miss?

Also gave a heads up on other models that have returned in FREQUENCEY, if ones were paying attention, ..Not just the main culprit.
Market Trends baby, market TRENDS.
Just because you are yelling the loudest doesn't make you right. I clear reasoned opinion with out all the insults would be much more effective in getting your opinion across.

Coming in seemingly late to this thread. We are talking about Taurus handguns, Taurus cars, titty slapping, Taco eating, the importance of not buying inexpensive cheese, lawsuits, gun salesmen who either know or don't know what they are talking about. Husbands who may or may not have purchased a Taurus for their wife so that she looses appendages when firing it. AND Glock KaBooms.

What an interesting and eclectic bunch of topics all located in one thread.

Let me say this. I currently own two Taurus products. Both are revolvers. One is a stainless steel .38 snubby the other a Titanium Ultra Lightweight .38 snubby. Both guns have exceeded my expectations by a long shot. They not only DID NOT blow up in my hands, but they shoot a wide variety of .38 Spec cartridges without a single hick-up even after years of use.

I consider both of these Taurus revolvers to been excellent purchase descisions.

And for the record. I agree about the cheese comments. Life is to short to eat inexpensive cheese.

Regards,

Rob

If you gave me one, I'd re-gift it.

jeez

might as well list
my gun for sale in this thread( it is a disgrace to my safe)
it was a "gift" I asked for a revolver said no Taurus, but hey Rob says they are great guns
this one has never been fired (will come with box and 50 rounds ammo)
and it can blow up in someone else's hands ( i like my hands, I use them for work)

Now let's get this pos into a new owners hands
IMG_5367.JPG

Back
Top Bottom