• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus rumor mill

Should I buy a PT111 or slap some tist instead?

• Total voters
Just did a search on revolvers blow up and see pictures from a S&W and even a Ruger Vaquero. Even seen a picture of an AR15. Seems this kind of thing happens to all brands. I do wonder if it is more common with a particular brand. One of the pics looked like either a S&W 500 or 460. I can't imagine one that big doing that in your hand.

Just did a search on revolvers blow up and see pictures from a S&W and even a Ruger Vaquero. Even seen a picture of an AR15. Seems this kind of thing happens to all brands. I do wonder if it is more common with a particular brand. One of the pics looked like either a S&W 500 or 460. I can't imagine one that big doing that in your hand.
Yeah, I tried to find overwhelming evidence that Tauruses blow up more frequently that any other brand. There was no there there.

How many have you seen? Has this issue been tied to a particular model/caliber or common to several different Taurus models?

Thanks,

Rosewood
All the same guns, the snubby revolvers.38s and 357s. Usually it has been the poly frame ones though. This is the only steel one I've seen. At least 6 or so in the last 4 years.

I don't have a poly frame one, would never buy a poly frame revolver, that is just wrong IHMO.

I read that article on Forbes and seems most of those issues were leading up to 2013. I wonder when the quality started falling? I have had all of mine 8-15 years before that. Hopefully none of mine fall in that category.

After doing a search on exploding guns and seeing all the different brands and types that have had Kabooms, one would think they should sell all of their firearms. Of course I bet if you did a search on car wrecks, you would decide to quit driving......

Rosewood

All the same guns, the snubby revolvers.38s and 357s. Usually it has been the poly frame ones though. This is the only steel one I've seen. At least 6 or so in the last 4 years.

Do you know for sure that steel one was a timing issue and not a barrel obstruction?

Thanks,

Rosewood

"Saw this today,"...

My friend you are wasitng your time with grammatical corrections here. You could be on here 24/7 doing just this and not correct 50% of them or learn anyone right, grammatically speaking of course. Save yourself the headache and leave it be.

Appologies if you are a teacher, please continue to educate our youth better than some of us were.

Did you inspect the primer? Was the firing pin strike significantly off center? One would think if it was out of time enough to make the bullet miss the forcing cone, the firing pin would miss the primer. But then again, I don't know how much off center it would have to be to blow up the gun.

I did read where one guy said his taurus was not locking up which could clearly make the time off (he sent it in for repair, did not have a KB), but I still wonder about the primer strike.

My friend you are wasitng your time with grammatical corrections here. You could be on here 24/7 doing just this and not correct 50% of them or learn anyone right, grammatically speaking of course. Save yourself the headache and leave it be.

Appologies if you are a teacher, please continue to educate our youth better than some of us were.

Only did it because that guy was being a bit obnoxious talking about "trends". I could care less about people's grammar on the interwebs.

Back
Top Bottom