• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus rumor mill

Should I buy a PT111 or slap some tist instead?

• Total voters
Did you inspect the primer? Was the firing pin strike significantly off center? One would think if it was out of time enough to make the bullet miss the forcing cone, the firing pin would miss the primer. But then again, I don't know how much off center it would have to be to blow up the gun.

I did read where one guy said his taurus was not locking up which could clearly make the time off (he sent it in for repair, did not have a KB), but I still wonder about the primer strike.
Very good question.

As a gun salesman i too try too talk people out of a Taurus purchase. Its called selling up. Taurus semi handguns are just crap. Theres no sugar coating it. If i can talk someone into spending $100 more to get 500x the quality, I will. If you're dead set on waisting money ok a Turdus then by all means go ahead, and best of luck on finding a surgeon to reconstruct your hand after it blows up on you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You must not have owned or shot or worked on a taurus. They are very good guns and I have a 605 in 357 mag that I carry, I have owned many taurus guns, there is nothing wrong with them at all

Back
Top Bottom